The best all around Mora Knife

Craftline HighQ Allround Carbon has the same blade as the Mora #1 but with a very comfortable handle and a good sheath (like the second green handled knife in RDog's post)
$10

A solid knife, I use all the time

That's the Companion MG

Same general handle shape on the Companion and HighQ.

I have a carbon HighQ and love it. I've fondled the 511 and found the handle too small formy taste (size XL gloves).

Last edited:
I have the classic #1. I really like the blade size and the handle is nice for carving control. I have to admit, even when wet the birch handle retains its grip.

Too bad they won't just come out with a full length rat tail tang Mora robust. Wicked sharp, plus even if a 1/2 tang works fine, couldn't hurt to appease the crowd and remove all doubts as to that as a potential weakness.

Using a magnet, the tang on my Allround seems to be about 3/4 tang anyway, and it's not really as thin as a rat tail type tang like on their wood-handled knives. I'd guess the same is true of the Robust.

Moras are like pokemon, gotta catch them all. At their price range why not:)

Too bad they won't just come out with a full length rat tail tang Mora robust. Wicked sharp, plus even if a 1/2 tang works fine, couldn't hurt to appease the crowd and remove all doubts as to that as a potential weakness.

The Robust DOES have a full-length tang, or at least as full-length as you can expect on a knife with a molded handle. Here's a photo from another forum where a guy rehandled his. You can see the tang clearly.

8200f13d.jpg

I've heard the Clipper is very nice for the money. I've been thinking about picking one up myself.

No mention of the #711, so I'll throw that out there. A bigger beefier grip is what sets it ahead of the pack for my XL hands. Looking around just now, I was able to find it for under $10 shipped.

so much nope

762406366833b8710c31c.jpg

Your point?

I would dare you to break that tang under normal use.
If that knife fails under abuse, it won't be because of the tang.

So I really don't see your point.

Last edited:
With any of the moras, you'd also have a great useful gift to leave behind with someone potentially. Any will do you well, but for food prep, the 2000 (survival) or the 2010 (forest) have nice thin fronts to the blade for good slicing. I'm guessing a nice, non-agressive looking general purpose knife is what you are looking for, and the moras pretty much all fit the bill. heck, take two!

I suspect the point is the tang, potential strength, and the potential to break the knife in a survival situation and have no knife options. People talk all the time about "it has to have a full length tang". Moras are okay for slicing and detail work, essentially the same tasks that you might do in a kitchen. But for serious situations, I want more strength and a bit more weight in the handle. But a Mora is certainly a lot better than nothin. My favorite so far is the carbon steel Companion. I would rather have a Kabar Dozier folder in my pocket.

But a Mora is certainly a lot better than nothin. My favorite so far is the carbon steel Companion. I would rather have a Kabar Dozier folder in my pocket.

I'd think the Mora is stronger although the folder packs a little easier and is more concealable. I've read a number of reviews on the partial tang Moras and most are positive with regards to the strength of the knife.

Partial tang knives have been known to fail under normal survival conditions .
For example, prying boulders . Everyone who is anyone knows , when youre in a survival situation , you normally have to pry boulders .. it goes without saying .
Batoning logs .. a partial tang knife will fail sooner than a full tang knife when batoning logs , if it doesnt , then the test obviously wasnt done right , in a surival situation and in combat situations , you HAVE to baton logs , I seen it on youtube . No one would lie about combat training in dark spec ops would they ?
Pericing body armor and slash / stab resistant clothing .. partial tang knives fail at this .. they just do ,( so do full tang knives but we are not going to go there , we dissing partial tangs here )

ok sarcasm off ...

Back