The best fake by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Unfortunately integrity isn't a requirement to sell on eBay.

Yep. This right here.

+1

I'm fortunate that I've got an AD for Spyderco located 15 minutes from my place that sells Spydercos at prices based on US retail prices, not on MSRP. As far as I'm concerned, that's plenty cheap enough, and I get it through an authorized dealer. The only thing I'll use eBay for is ordering LED lights from China...

Still gambling there....;)

With eBay, or the Chinese lights? ;)

To be honest, I've swapped all the lights in my car with LEDs, and all the bulbs cost me less than a pair of low-grade 1157's would have cost me locally. There's been a couple shipping delays and such, but I did my due diligence and researched what I was getting, so there was no surprises when the packages arrived. Even a lot of the stuff you can buy in store (or from online retailers) is pretty much identical to the stuff coming out of China, except you're paying a markup as it's not direct from the manufacturer.

But, this isn't the place for that! Although I could tie it in by saying: Feel free to buy from eBay, but with the understanding that what you get may not be what you expect, and don't spend more money than you're willing to "lose" if something doesn't go as planned. This applies to automotive lighting as well as Spydercos on eBay.

Oh, and make sure to report the fakes...

I wonder: If we have a record of all the fakes, and report them regularly, could Sal get his lawyers to do something to force eBay to close these users' accounts? I mean, if a user is selling fakes, and eBay knows he's selling fakes (due to repeated reports), and eBay doesn't do anything about it, then isn't there some sort of law that can force them to deal with it? I know that won't make the problem disappear, but it might slow the flow of fake Spyders, and it might make eBay sit up and take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back