The BK18 Harpoon Now Available

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

The BK18 is here and now available at https://www.kabar.com/products/BK18 It should be available from dealers and distributors very shortly as well.

vfVpbPZ.jpg

Maybe my eyes are off but it looks like the coating has changed. Maybe even the sheath color as well. I thought the blade and sheath were more yellow-y at Shot Show and the coating was not textured (or not as textured?). Looks like they all match really well now, but I think it all went a shade darker.

Maybe my eyes are off but it looks like the coating has changed. Maybe even the sheath color as well. I thought the blade and sheath were more yellow-y at Shot Show and the coating was not textured (or not as textured?). Looks like they all match really well now, but I think it all went a shade darker.
The knives at SHOT Show were all prototype samples. The image above is the final, production version.

I'm really surprised more vendors aren't listing it on for sale. I only found 3.

Looks like coyote to me. Looks good. Too bad the tweener handles are too small for my hands, or I would be all over it.

I agree... This color looks Way better!
Not sure I could of got excited over the color Baby Sh*t..... I was Really surprised to see that...lol
(no offense to Anyone)(my opinion means Nothing)…. I'm sure it was some intern in marketing who is a little color blind.

This is a far more Normal/acceptable color...… Everyone would of stripped that other one.

I may pick up one of these brown ones too ... but I preorder one of the dealer exclusive black ones a few weeks ago. Maybe it won't be far behind these coming out!

I thought the tweener handles were a bit small for my hand when I tried them at first. But I liked the 15 so much I that handled them until I found several grips that work and are comfortable ... a liner or slightly larger scale feels great on them too.

if it doesn't violate the rules, can you post who has it in black? curious to compare.

I'm surprised we haven't seen on yet (in hand) on this page yet?
doesn't anyone live nearbuy locally to one of these stores to pick one up first hand? haha

Who's gonna post First? :D

good to see you again!
hope life is treating you well.
Good to see you too! Still have that gaucho? Been taking a break from this place and knives in general as new priorities have arisen. Will be back in orange with some sharpened steel to barter soon;)

It lives by the bed. :)
New priorities: is that code for a mini-zulu?

IDK the acceptable use policy here, but there is a good video on a knife sellers website, I won't say the name (Knifec*nter) that has a almost 20 min video with Ethan and the new Bk18 and it Does make it look pretty nice in the hand.... I might be changing my thoughts on it? Looks nicer than I first thought.... Good focus on the sheath Sheath too.

Back