The BladeForums On-Line knife magazine!

Im interested in the magazine, and i would subscribe as long as it was a reasonable cost.
Im also more then willing to help with whatever you may need help with.

ryk

Mike
Have some experience with reviewing/writing chapters for EMS texts.
Looks like you have plenty of capable help at this point, but I will be glad to help in any way needed(thankfully, I'm too far away to sweep and mop floors)
Please ask if there is anything I can help with.

I don"t have any knifemaking skills and am not a columnist but I usually know a good knife from a bad one. I've been involved in law enforcement and special units long enough to know what works and what doesn't. Like many of your readers I hunt, fish, camp, work outdoors and subject many diiferent knives to many different jobs. I think that it is a great idea for a publication to coonect with the consumer by including that consumer in testing and opinions. People feel more comfortable when a "regular guy or gal" like himself or herself gives an opinion on any topic with which they have some type of experience, which is the whole idea behind Blade Forums and why it is so popular. Count Me In.

You know, Cougar Allen brings up an excellent point. The online magazine seemed like such a great idea at the onset, but now it`s starting to look like a pay-per-view version of the Bladeforums. I hope I`m wrong!

Are we in danger of losing the Bladeforums site, as Kingknives claims? I don`t recall that ever being a reason for undertaking the magazine project. I do recall taking subscriber headcounts to see if the magazine would be able to break even.

I hope that by creating the new magazine format, we don`t end up losing the best stuff from the Bladeforums to the magazine. Then we may indeed run the risk of losing the Bladeforums. It would be a shame to see it suffer from neglect or indifference. And I agree with Kingknives: We wouldn`t want that, would we?

ARRRGGGGG!

OK Please stop it now!

We are not going to loose the forums.
We are not going to charge for the forums.

The magazine will be a completely different way of presenting information in a much more pleasing format.

Most of you subscribe to magazines now right?

Well don't you still find them useful?

Don't you talk about the articles in here?

Well what is the difference?

We will have the test magazine up in a few months and then decide on how you like it but please do not read into it before it is even here.

Thanks!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I don't think that anyone is worried about the Bladeforums magazine being an acceptable format or highly entertaining. I am sure it will be a thrill to read and a great source of information. Mike and Spark are no doubt going to do a great job.

What I (and maybe some others) worry about is, what happens when Joe T. or Thaddeus or Steve Harvey or any of the other top-notch knife-reviewers, write a great review? Will it be published on the magazine or on the forums? Will we stop seeing the great reviews posted here? Watered down versions?

I don't mean to be offensive, but these are simple questions, and yet, I have not seen answers to them anywhere.

Marco

I am really not sure how to make this any more clear than I already have. If my frustration is showing it is because I have expalined this a number of times. I also understand that the search feature is not working and maybe you guys can not find my previous posts about the magazine.

Anyway the magazine will be in HTML format which simply means the layout will be more like that of a magazine than an interactive forum. You guys are more than welcome to discuss any articles at all and you can pretty much copy them into the forum after they are written. The only thing I will not allow is the copying of images and other copyrighted material.

The magazine will be an extension to our alreay succesful BladeForums.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I would love to write for a BlafeForums Magazine!! Even if I don't get to keep the knives that I test! Mike, if you want a sample review (yes I've done this before) please don't hesitate to Email me and ask, I'll be more than happy to send one to you for evaluation.

Back