The Busse Viking Warship Is Coming!!!!. . . . Sunday, December 20, 2020 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Athame

Athame Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Love it !

2. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    You're lots of fun!

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

3. Athame

Athame Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2004
    That would pair knicely with this one !

9E950B2C-C692-4005-85B3-9D37C099C0E6.jpeg.jpg

wmmott, Tigerden, ironwagon and 2 others like this.
  4. scottcriswell505

scottcriswell505

Sep 29, 2015
    I love it. I am pretty sure the original Viking Seax's were made from broken swords. We know these were not.

5. Jerry Busse

Aug 20, 1999
    We have a winner!!! :cool::cool::cool: . . . Good eye!!! . . . That observation just won you a $100.00 Shop Credit good toward the purchase of a Viking Warship Prototype (As long as you get in quickly enough!!!)

These are shorter Custom Shop Variants of the Forsaken Mistress and the balance is excellent!

Congrats HOG!:cool:

Let's Drink!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jerry:D

mqqn, Tigerden, lmcq784 and 6 others like this.
  6. motts

motts

Sep 20, 2008
    So very cool!!! I am in!! Lots of Viking heritage as well! This is a need for me!

7. Jerry Busse

Aug 20, 1999
    "I feel the need . . . The need for mead!" :cool: :D

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

8. Mikeltee

Mikeltee Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2020
    You would have figured you would have found many of these unsold models in the grab bags. This is a silly remark. Positive karma belongs in the Busse section. Please save it for your diary next time brother... its not my cup of tea either but I will let that be known by not purchasing one and not let my opinions effect others decisions.

I am happy to see the Busse team experimenting with different finishing techniques. Its like when hillbilly223 started doing custom finishes like battle worn on $4000 Wilson Combat and Nighthawk 1911s. The 1911 fans were sick about it. Now its a rather popular option. Not my cup of tea either. Od rather shoot 100k rounds and holster it 1000 times for the same look.

I too think these finishes will grow on the knife crowd as well. Its innovation... there's nothing worse than a stagnant economy. Kudos Jerry for having the balls to do something different.

Tigerden, ScoMa, lmcq784 and 3 others like this.
  9. Morgo

Morgo

Sep 14, 2013
    Cool, so whens the competition finish version coming out???

10. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

lmcq784, ironwagon, Vetr and 2 others like this.
  11. Smegmalicious

Smegmalicious

Aug 30, 2005
    These are amazing and I have to have one. Holy crap. Thanks for making these!

12. grizzle

grizzle Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2016
    your name lol

13. purest

purest

Oct 22, 2019
    OMG it's so Seaxy!!! I've been wanting you guys to produce a seax for a long time.

duramax and grizzle like this.
  14. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    This post missed the boat :D:D:D:D:Do_O

15. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hmmmm..... the fact that it’s a clipped Forsaken Mistress kinda makes me want one even more. And I DO LOVE the finishes. Both of them. I like the Ancient Bronze, or whatever it is called better, though. It would match a Rucki I got in a Ganzaa years ago...

Tim the Wizard and duramax like this.
  16. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I’m hoping the fact these are “Prototypes” means they’ll come back even meaner (longer), and perhaps shinier.

duramax likes this.
  17. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Definitely an impressive knife!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

duramax likes this.
  18. atsu han

atsu han

Feb 24, 2013
    I’m more a traditionalist myself, I’ve only purchased a few knives from you guys (2013 meanstreet/mil overrun, urban grudge and TGULB). Point being, not many designs catch my eye, especially larger blades, but this seax version of the forsaken mistress has a historic aspect, and aesthetically makes me drool.

Great job, I’ll be participating this ganza for the first time in 7 years, cheers!

19. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    It does have a Zumwalt look to it!
    Very cool!

20. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    It really is the little things. I love when Busse takes an existing model. It’s given a tweak or two and a special variant model is born !!!! :) :)
    I think I’ll be trying for one :D:p:thumbsup:

Now where’s that battle saw with 7” or so blade ;):p:p

Or a Park ranger variant :D

ironwagon likes this.