The Carbon & Tool Steel Thread

Some A2 on KP today, building beef stew for supper.
R3PBgg9.jpg

You have a reeeaally nice patina going on that one! I've been cutting beef and bacon with this one trying to get something like that but it hasn't been working so far lol

I like more complex steels... I've been using my K390 to push through copper and aluminum cable all weekend View attachment 1432036
Just meat and fruit, some steaks/pork chops and peaches/apples:D

I had a buddy that got one in and it wasn't for him. Luckily for me he let it go for a good price and it had a similar build to what I would have done. Also, I just had my K390 reground. I'll post pics when I get it back.

O1H1KAWS3Fri2_YLyQPFG-OrOrfpsKeyDln4nzc1nSagqdEt3TxF7b86Qntvl2_HSzGukp-J15AYWNdoEeUZy3ctgqUHZ_He79b_NheR_JKNx35gABNl1FlXQGaK9-pLgodXhkGfIfc=w2400
Do they offer uncoated M4 blades?

I just found this thread and it give me another reason to post my recent edc.

AfgBMAb.jpg

Really enjoying this Maxamet steel. Traditionals really got me into carbon blades but I love the practicality and fidgeting aspects of modern Knives more.

GB2 in CPM-M4, takes an edge like 52100 and holds it longer. Will take a patina but overall pretty stain and rust resistant.

I have a chopper from DPX Gear which sees a lot of use. It is a tool steel / Sleipner piece, and as you can see from this pic, it rusts when you let people borrow it and they leave it outside....

Thankfully its pretty much cleaned up, and since it is so heavily used, I chalked it off as a learning lesson for the nephews who used it.

2bd02a5eeb3c3b1a9e90477e0c6df236a041e706.jpg

c7a1b582cfa87d6b82567ab2693f2b485b7b98d2.jpg

Back