1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Club and Improvised weapons thread (Post your Handy work!)

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Edwood7, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010
    The Club and Improvised weapons thread (Post your Handy work!).
    Ok post your, war clubs, Billy clubs, bats or whatever skull crusher you have around your home to deal with unwanted house guest.

If you have any Maguiver type improvised weapon post it on here as well !!!

If you can give them a name that would be excellent.

[​IMG]
    Rebbeca

[​IMG]
    Lupita

[​IMG]
    Nora & Cora

:D:thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. tjiscooler

tjiscooler

Mar 17, 2008
    Nora and cora look awesome. Ill get some pics taken for tomorrow!

3. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. A Visitor

A Visitor

Jan 19, 2009
    Edwood,
    If those are all named after / inspired by former girlfriends... you have to look for girls in different places lol.
    I keep a "Club in the Can" by the door- great equalizer in a non- lethal setting.
    [​IMG]

5. pullrich

pullrich

May 4, 2010
    Yes! I am all over this. Stand by.

6. trailmaker

trailmaker

May 15, 2011
    Wolfe, that second club is unbelievably creepy. I'd be more afraid of a man standing at ease with that club than I'd be of a man with a gun pointed at me.

7. BRL

BRL Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I call him.... Edwood7 :D

[​IMG]

8. pullrich

pullrich

May 4, 2010
    Ha ha that's awesome!

9. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Inspired by the following thread started by Edwood7,
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/848028-Root-ball-head-war-club-How-to-make-one?
    I planned to make a "root maul" once I found a suitable root ball.

At the beach one day, I started playing caveman with this piece of driftwood, and a lightbulb lit up.

[​IMG]

The thicker end was actually the root ball with some crazy hard end grain from all the roots that wore away. I trimmed both ends, rasped it down, and shaped grips for each hand. While sanding it outside, a neighbor stopped by to borrow a tool and he said, "you made a cudgel".

[​IMG]

I finished it with flax oil (aka linseed) and plan to use it as a mallet for a froe and other woodworking applications. The thicker upper grip works well for one hand, nicely balanced. For two hands I also use the lower grip. I later identified the wood as Pacific Yew, I lucked out because it's known to have a very high hardness. At the rootball, I can't dent the wood with my fingernail.

I named it "Bam-Bam" since it looks like something from the Flintstones.

10. HandAxeProMan

HandAxeProMan

Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks for hosting the thread Edwood. I'm headed out of town and will not be able to post for several days. I will enjoy all the other post though.

Howard

11. atomicjoe23

atomicjoe23

Mar 1, 2011
    I like Lupita. . .reminds me of a sawfish club like the Maori's have!

Nice warclub Wolf_1989!

Steve Tall. . .you gave me some ideas. . .there's an awful lot of hard driftwood up here in the NW!

12. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010

Those are awesome. Did you make them?

13. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    Her name is Nemesis, Goddess of retribution ;-)))
    Made from the edge cuts of a millsaw blade, a stick, some wire. scrap leather, dubbin and dirt for Randy ;-))))

R
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

14. pokesalad

pokesalad

Jul 26, 2011
    Jeez man that looks like a bear trap on a stick!! Scary weapon bro but good job on it. lol Looks like a movie prop its so wicked looking.

15. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Yes. The spiked one is cherry with a deer antler spike. The other one is oak.

I'm currently working on a replacement for the spiked one because I donated it to a local museum for one of their displays.

These are each hand carved from a single solid piece of wood; the ball is not a separate piece glued or pinned to the handle.

It takes me about a month to make one.

16. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    Hey pokesalad, it was a fun fast project, had the sawblade edges had the stick ;-) I really would hate to get whacked with it ;-))

Regards

Robin

17. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010

You even managed to scare me with that one Robin. I think your wining the scary prize with the Nemesis.

18. longfletch27

longfletch27

Jul 30, 2009
    Here are 3 of my favorites... The one in the middle is a american shillelagh, it is a flowering dogwood sapling that was pulled up, it had a big root ball. the other 2 are white oak, the one on the left stays outside and is used as a wooden mallet, and weapon (if need be :D ) .. the last one is a ball head type war club in the works. They all go through my test, they get smashed into trees and beat on the driveway to test their strength before I do too much work on them, they all passed. Sorry no names.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  19. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010
    [youtube]0Zrw8zXoQ0Y[/youtube]