The Cowbell Build Thread

Hang in there Greg, and let me know how that works put for you when you get a chance.

It was a little tight so I wrapped the handle with tape and let sit for a day now it’s perfect the knife is snug but comes out nicely. I have a couple of pocket sheaths from one of the big guys that only does leather work and I like this one better.

Perfect, I formed it tight hoping it would wear in, it's a lot easier to stretch leather after its formed than to shrink it!

I have a question.

How do you spell 'yay' when the context is an amount or distance?

For example, how thick do I leave the edge before heat treat? Bout yay much
20200501_182302-01.jpeg
Yay in this case is around .03 inch or when my eyeball says that's good.

Snakeskin micarta satin Game Warden added for reference. ;) :thumbsup: (Probably my favorite micarta of all time. :cool:)

View attachment 1319052

The Game Warden model is almost exactly the same length as the Serrano, but it's got a lot more junk in the trunk (thicker stock, and much larger diameter handle), but it fits my XXL hands well. One of the only Busse without a lanyard hole somewhere aft of the handle slabs. A popular model for good reason, but one of the smaller Busse.

Adam is probably right, the Magnum Bear Cub is probably very close in size to the Cowbell Pocket Blade. Can't wait!!! :D

Just wanted to follow up on this. They're quite similar size-wise but the difference in blade thickness is pretty significant.

cyXYqhW.jpg

6Q3HCb6.jpg

Just wanted to follow up on this. They're quite similar size-wise but the difference in blade thickness is pretty significant.

cyXYqhW.jpg

6Q3HCb6.jpg

Wow, they really are close to the same size! :cool:

Also wanted to add. Both the knife and sheath are gorgeous and as small as this knife is I foresee it getting carried a lot. Hope to add a few more of John's blades to my collection in the future.

ECVbrnD.jpg

That burlap turned out really nice! :thumbsup: I might have to order another one in that. And another another in bone linen. :eek:

Back