The Cowbell Build Thread

Thanks Phil, we're finally running on all cylinders.

Sorry for the tease, I haven't got it ground but here's the jist. 8 5/8 overall with around a 4 3/8 edge. Going with a .10" steel thickness.

We've spoken of birds heads and the waste of space before, look forward to your opinion on this.

Terrible picture and makes it look like a clip but the top profile is a steady curve from tip to tail.

20211015_200048-02.jpeg

Similar to the Cowbell it'll have two thong holes and one pin up front.

Thanks Phil, we're finally running on all cylinders.

Sorry for the tease, I haven't got it ground but here's the jist. 8 5/8 overall with around a 4 3/8 edge. Going with a .10" steel thickness.

We've spoken of birds heads and the waste of space before, look forward to your opinion on this.

Terrible picture and makes it look like a clip but the top profile is a steady curve from tip to tail.

View attachment 1661220
I want one 😂

In all honesty I really love this John. I'm excited to see where you take it.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, dibs. That one’ll fit my hand!😁
The Cowbell might surprise you there but I know what you mean.

We may see more of these of this one works out. Haven't decided on a handle material yet, I'm thinking some stabilized wood would look sharp. I've worked on a lot of designs in this size range and have never been happy with the result. This popped in my head and I had it profiled out in no time, that seems to be where the best ideas come from.

The Cowbell might surprise you there but I know what you mean.

We may see more of these of this one works out. Haven't decided on a handle material yet, I'm thinking some stabilized wood would look sharp. I've worked on a lot of designs in this size range and have never been happy with the result. This popped in my head and I had it profiled out in no time, that seems to be where the best ideas come from.
Looks a lot like the cowbell to me only bigger? More Cowbell? If they take off and you offer the same options as far as blades go I’d love to see a Zulu blade shape with that Mexican blanket handle. Hhhhhnnnnggggg - Shaaaa-wing!😅

Realizing how much of an idiot I look like while grinding blades, here's some insight....

-Hat for those rare but nasty belt snaps
-Gajillion power optivisor to check layout lines
-Reading glasses to see within arms reach
-Mask for metal dust
-Apron for when a 50 grit snaps and rips through your gut (not fun)
-Crazy eyes cuz no grown man can take a picture of himself without them.

20211022_140244-01.jpeg

Realizing how much of an idiot I look like while grinding blades, here's some insight....

-Mask for metal dust

View attachment 1665501

I see your crazy, and call ;)

1mq1fe3.jpg

-Mask for metal dust

View attachment 1665501

Ready for Halloween!!

-Mask for metal dust

View attachment 1665501

I see your crazy, and call ;)

1mq1fe3.jpg

You guys are really taking these crazy COVID mask mandates to the next level. I feel safe enough now to hang out in the same forum with you. 😷 🖖

Phil

Finishing up handsanding and got our scales cut, drilled and trimmed. Been a bit AWOL here lately but we're moving along.

My wife and kids have taken a big interest in leather work and forging lately, I've been trying to strike while the iron's hot and encourage/enable that as much as possible.

Back