The Devils Path (Pic Heavy)

Tanker 1/66

Gold Member
I would like to think that I'm the first Beckerhead to defeat the Devils Path. #384 completed the path but I lost my beloved Bk16 on the journey. Maybe the Devil wanted it more than me and I hope he cuts himself.
8 of us started the 2 day 25.5 mile 7 peak journey that kicked my ass last year. And I bailed at the halfway point (Devils Tombstone) This year of the 8 who started only 3 of us finished. Injury and fatigue claimed the rest. Myself, my climbing partner Brother in Law, and my wifes nephew finished the Path. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

I

Last edited:
Congrats Tanker to you and your buddies on what looks to be a very difficult hike to say the least :thumbsup: I think you need to go back and find your 16 :D thanks for sharing! :)

Congrats Tanker to you and your buddies on what looks to be a very difficult hike to say the least :thumbsup: I think you need to go back and find your 16 :D thanks for sharing! :)
Thanks Xr. It was ripped off of my dangler somewhere on the ascent up Plateau Mountain. I was at the 4000 ft peak and realized it was gone. I just hope someone finds it and becomes a Beckerhead because of it:thumbsup:

Awesome pics, Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 ! That trek looks impressive, brutal, and beautiful all at the same time. Glad you could stick with it and overcome and make it to the end safely. An incredible milestone, for sure.

Bummer about that 16 though. Though the silver lining might be that you can still get those knives being a current production, unlike a 15.

Interesting thought on the dangler situation: Due to how most dangler setups are, being constructed with snaps, I think your trek highlights a weakness in that design. If you are pushing through brush, scraping against rocks, etc, there is a lot of potential for that to snag and break free. Something to consider, I think.

The first sheath I made for my 9 was a scout style and I made it with a pouch that I had designed to snap onto the main body of the sheath. Lost that pouch on my first hike with it. Somewhere, there is a leather clad Altoids tin with flint, striker, tinder, and matches..... :D

Looks like a grueling sonzabee. Beautiful area, thanks for posting.

Awesome pics, Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 ! That trek looks impressive, brutal, and beautiful all at the same time. Glad you could stick with it and overcome and make it to the end safely. An incredible milestone, for sure.

Bummer about that 16 though. Though the silver lining might be that you can still get those knives being a current production, unlike a 15.

Interesting thought on the dangler situation: Due to how most dangler setups are, being constructed with snaps, I think your trek highlights a weakness in that design. If you are pushing through brush, scraping against rocks, etc, there is a lot of potential for that to snag and break free. Something to consider, I think.

The first sheath I made for my 9 was a scout style and I made it with a pouch that I had designed to snap onto the main body of the sheath. Lost that pouch on my first hike with it. Somewhere, there is a leather clad Altoids tin with flint, striker, tinder, and matches..... :D
Thanks Pad. I anticipated the snap and wrapped electrical tape around the leather over the snap. It was all I had when I remembered the potential. 90% of the climb was in the clouds and rain. The electrical tape just lost its grip. Next one i will paracord wrap the leather. A dangler is still my only quick access option wearing a pack.

Wow, ya made it Tankman! Congrats on conquering it. Although, calling it a “path” seems a little generous for that type of slog...wet terrain, brutal elevation gains, people dropping out like flies; seems like...fun? :D

Too bad about your 16, like you said hope it finds itself a new home. Or else, you know, you could always just retrace your steps in the hopes of finding it again?? Shouldn’t be that bad the third time around…

Glad to see you back safe and sound. With the added bonus of crossing that one off your list. Good job man!

Wow, ya made it Tankman! Congrats on conquering it. Although, calling it a “path” seems a little generous for that type of slog...wet terrain, brutal elevation gains, people dropping out like flies; seems like...fun? :D

Too bad about your 16, like you said hope it finds itself a new home. Or else, you know, you could always just retrace your steps in the hopes of finding it again?? Shouldn’t be that bad the third time around…

Glad to see you back safe and sound. With the added bonus of crossing that one off your list. Good job man!
Thanks Aiki already planning another hike/climb. We want to keep them in the 6-8 hour range.

Way to go.
That looks like all rocks and roots.
Not a stroll in the woods, that's for sure.
Thanks trailbum. The only flat running was at the peaks. That's were i could make up time. Ascending I like descending i loath

Great photos, thanks for sharing your trip with us; my knees started to hurt as soon as I looked at the pictures...

Awesome trip Tanker wish I could of made the trip but timing was not on my side, Thanks for the invite by the way. Glad to see you guys all made it out unscathed, I was worse for ware trying to get everything done for my Daughters Baby shower, it went off without a Hitch and No Beckers where lost prior during and after the event. Thanks for sharing the pics and your trip with us all, sorry about that 16 am sure you have a backup. KEEP EM SHARP
Drop off another blade for you next week

Awesome trip Tanker wish I could of made the trip but timing was not on my side, Thanks for the invite by the way. Glad to see you guys all made it out unscathed, I was worse for ware trying to get everything done for my Daughters Baby shower, it went off without a Hitch and No Beckers where lost prior during and after the event. Thanks for sharing the pics and your trip with us all, sorry about that 16 am sure you have a backup. KEEP EM SHARP
Drop off another blade for you next week
Thanks nuto. I'm planning more climbs for the summer but nothing that aggressive as of yet. If the timing is right maybe you can get in on one. We can be the Grandpaw climbers:D Swing by anytime. I didn't want to break out another 16 so I'm going to carry my 17 for awhile. But I'm going staple and duct tape it to my hand lol

Thanks Pad. I anticipated the snap and wrapped electrical tape around the leather over the snap. It was all I had when I remembered the potential. 90% of the climb was in the clouds and rain. The electrical tape just lost its grip. Next one i will paracord wrap the leather. A dangler is still my only quick access option wearing a pack.

Have you thought about an upside-down mount on the backpack strap itself? It usually requires a kydex but the tweener sheath has the retention straps that should allow it to be upside-down. I have had good luck with that mounting style, easy access and relatively out of the way.

Back