The Devils Path (Pic Heavy)

KingMC KingMC I have given that some thought. When I unass my pack I wanted the knife on my person. I do like the concept and im glad you put the thought back into my head. Maybe a inverted rig on my left shoulder strap and a folder in my right pocket. This hike was long and grueling so I was shaving ounces. On short 10-15 mile climbs at normal inclines I slip the Patrol into my trekking pole slot on my pack. And carry the 16 in a dangler. I've seen some of your hiking pics and your an animal with the weight you carry :thumbsup: Impressive.

KingMC KingMC I have given that some thought. When I unass my pack I wanted the knife on my person. I do like the concept and im glad you put the thought back into my head. Maybe a inverted rig on my left shoulder strap and a folder in my right pocket. This hike was long and grueling so I was shaving ounces. On short 10-15 mile climbs at normal inclines I slip the Patrol into my trekking pole slot on my pack. And carry the 16 in a dangler. I've seen some of your hiking pics and your an animal with the weight you carry :thumbsup: Impressive.

To be fair I don't ever go very far, when I'm on longer dayhikes I do more like what you do; it's the overnight camp-outs where I pack more but if I actually had to hike it for more than a couple miles I'd cut down on a lot of stuff. Less beer, for sure.

Excellent trip Tanker! The terrain looks pretty treacherous as it is, but it looks like there's a lot of moisture there. Makes for some slippery rocks! Thanks for sharing brother, that's a hardcore trek right there!

91bravo post: 18149091 said:
Excellent trip Tanker! The terrain looks pretty treacherous as it is, but it looks like there's a lot of moisture there. Makes for some slippery rocks! Thanks for sharing brother, that's a hardcore trek right there!
Thanks Brother. It was definitely Infantry training weather

Now were talking good stuff there. Looks steep, wet, and slippery. Had to be a tough hike. Sorry for your loss on the 16. Got any molle on your pack, or do you want to keep the 16 on your belt?

Now were talking good stuff there. Looks steep, wet, and slippery. Had to be a tough hike. Sorry for your loss on the 16. Got any molle on your pack, or do you want to keep the 16 on your belt?
I like keeping It on my belt. I dump my pack sometimes and wander around. Plus bears usually want whats in my bag and not me. I will un-ass that pack in a heart beat lol

Congrats! Proud to see another Beckerhead achieve their goals! Super sad about the 16 though, however, I believe that when fate robs you of a knife, it is only so you can get a cooler one later on down the road. Great thread, and keep up the good work!

Congrats! Proud to see another Beckerhead achieve their goals! Super sad about the 16 though, however, I believe that when fate robs you of a knife, it is only so you can get a cooler one later on down the road. Great thread, and keep up the good work!
Thanks Derek. Learn, Adapt, and Improve :thumbsup:

Swampdog post: 18147673 said:
Great photos, thanks for sharing your trip with us; my knees started to hurt as soon as I looked at the pictures...
Thanks Swamp. Knees were the #1 injury with thigh cramps being the 2nd that took out 5 of our 8. The descents on uneven rocks took its toll plus the occasional fall. I have mastered the art of plopping onto my Arse to save my knees and elbows.

Beautiful trip. Looks like you guys had a great time. Eventhough you lost a knife.... I really enjoyed your pics. Thanks for sharing them and letting us tag along.

Only a matter of time. A new member, a new post......... Look what I found on a hike.......what's it worth?

Congrats on conquering the tough hike. Good for you.

Man, oh man! That looks like a helluva hike Tanker!
Congrats and thank you for the truly awesome pics. Looks amazing.

Back