The ending of an era.......for me

Hi Everyone!

Well, Tomorrow, 28 Aug 03 is my last duty day in the military. For me it's the end of an era in my life, and hopefully the beginning of a wonderful new one! As I look back over the past 22 years, it doesn't seem that long...........but on the other hand, I think about all of the places in this world that I've been, and all of the things (good and not so good) that I've done. Some of those thoughts make me very proud that I chose a career in the military, and some others make me thank the Lord tha I made it through them alive.
Guess I'm at the point in my life where I'm looking forward to being at home, and working for myself. This is also a time to say "THANK YOU!" to all of you who have been so patient this past year or so waiting on orders, visits, or whatever from me. As soon as the new shop is completed, I will be a full time knifemaker, and will be able to devote my full attention to knifes, customers, and all the wonderful friends that I've made in the knife community.
God Bless each and every one of you!

Good luck, Ed, in your future endeavors. Your service to the country is greatly appreciated.

Ed, Thanks for the time you have spent keeping us safe and I hope only the best for you in the future.

were not all flag burning anti everything american nuts around here!:D thanks for protecting these knuckleheads and supporting their right to make a arse out of themselves.may you thrive in all your indevors!

Ed,
Congratulations on completing your "first career" and best of luck of luck in all your future endeavors.

Congratulations ED! Also want to say thank you for the service and sacrifices you have made for your country.
Gus

BIG Congrat's Ed !

Being a recent retiree myself. . .I can definitely understand how and what you're feeling.

While I truly enjoyed serving our country. . .I also looked forward to entering the "civilian" life. And it has been great !

I smile every day ! :D

You'll do fine !

Enjoyed talking to you at Blade this year !

Congrats and best wishes! I sure look forward to all the great new knives you're now going to have the time to make.

Cheers,

Roger

Ed THANK YOU , our country is a much better place beacuse people just like you take the risk for all of us here and abroad protecting the freedom's every person here enjoy's and takes for granted . i sir don't my entire family has a service record to be proud of as does your's so i say Sincerely Thank You anytime you see me at a show or whatever Lunch is on me !! welcome to Civy Life . :) :)

The military's loss is the knife world's gain.

By the way Ed, are you planning on attending the ABS show in Reno next January?

Ed,
Congratulaltions and good luck. I did the same thing you are getting ready to do 10 years ago this month and haven't looked back once :)

Now you'll actually have to work for a living :)

Ed -- thanks for your service, Vet !!
Are you a VFW member yet? If not please drop me a line :)
MtMike

Mike Bartol
Commander,
VFW Post 6051
Woodland Park Colorado

Back