The First Annual BladeForums Knife Show!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it grand to have an annual BladeForums sponsored knife show! Let Mike and Spark know if you would show up or not by speaking up in this thread.

------------------
Take care!! Michael

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

do it!

except you gotta keep it near the middle of the country,like ARKANSAS.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MAURICE (edited 12-17-2000).]

We'd need to have it somewhere that airfare would be as cheap as possible..... New Orleans, Branson or somewhere similar. I think it would be a great idea!

Shawn

------------------
"The difference between being a Coward
and a Hero is not whether you're scared,
it's what you do while you're scared."
Unknown

Reno or Vegas. There's always cheap package deals on airfare and hotels!

Do it in Branson and I am there. I lived there for years and now I am only an hour away.

------------------
Brian

I'd be up for it if I could make it. Try keeping it somewhere kinda cheap and do it in the summer and I'll probably be there.

Go with the Branson!

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Middle of the country sounds good, but so does FL (low 20s today)
biggrin.gif

------------------
" The real art of living is too keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post.
In memory of James Mattis

I think it would be easier for the BF staff to have it in Jacksonville!!
smile.gif

Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Knives in STOCK!! I just updated my website, PLEASE take a look :)

blackwoodknives.com

Orlando would be the wisest choice.

------------------
Every knife from every major manufacturer. If you don't see it, don't worry we can get it.
www.onestopknifeshop.com
Call 1-800-956-4652 to Order
Call 1-904-739-3438 for INFO
Sales at 1SKS help support this forum!
1SKS is a WOW company!

Orlando would definitely be the place. Great weather year 'round. More hotel rooms than anywhere else in the USA. Family type entertainment everywhere (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney MGM Studios, Disney Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Islands Of Adventure, Seaworld, Paradise Island, CityWalk, Church Street Station the list goes on and on...boating, fishing, and the beaches not far either. An excellent international airport , and mega amounts of convention type spaces to rent. Knife buyers could make a great vacation of it, for the whole family. These and many other reasons, are why the Knifemakers Guild is returning to Orlando. If BF teamed up with the Florida Knifemakers Guild, it would be a great show.

I think Orlando is a great choice. And it would be cheaper than most cities. At the last NYC show in November. I heard Les complain on how much it cost them to be there. It cost about $700 for the table. Add in hotel, airfare, taxis, subway food and this is a real pricy vacation. And because of this the makers have to charge a higher price. To a new yorker Orlando would be a better choice because we could go to the show and still do lots of things at night. Have a great time and you could bring your family who does not care that you are looking at knives while they are on the beach. Just a thought.

Liong

------------------
Follow The Path of Fantasies.

I guess if this is the type of thing that may materialize one day, you don't have to be anchored to one location. Move from year to year, 1st year Orlando, next year Las Vegas, etc..
This way everyone has an equal chance to go to the show.

Hmmm.... I'm liking the Orlando thing the more you guys talk about it. Could sell the wife by getting her to hang out with the kids while I'm checking out blades. The distance is a drag and alligators freak me out but I guess it does have some advantages.
wink.gif

Shawn

Hell. find a member with some acreage and do it rendezvous style. SO what if we have to rough it a bit, its about knives and friends getting together. Might start a new trend.

YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!
Rendevous Style......Jackson's Hole in the Spring anyone?

Great idea, just move it over the pond to Sweden, Alingsås would be perfect
wink.gif

You guys need to travel some and we got a lot of good looking women here (most probably some good looking men too for the women)

Not gonna happen but i need a good knifeshow, there aren't any here in Sweden.
frown.gif

------------------
Be well!/Jonas aka 2Sharp

"May all your detonations be expected"

The coolest bar in the world: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Camp/8373/index.html
My knives!

[This message has been edited by 2Sharp (edited 12-18-2000).]

Back