1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread™

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by RRaconteur, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Flea Market is going bonkers right now! :eek:

Wurrwulf likes this.
  2. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2017
    My daughter just got accepted to a good gymnastics program. It's expensive. I've posted my guns for sale quite a while ago to subsidize the cost of this new training, but they're not selling. Time to see if the knives draw more interest....and money. Hate to let them go, but far be it from me to not give my little one the best opportunity she can get. If you're interested at all, please PM me, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Nbrackett likes this.
  3. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Just an update. The Bushboot is gone, and the KEB is SPF.

4. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    For sure!!! :eek:

5. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    My understanding, based on Andy's opening post and common practice, is that the Flea Market is for members to sell Fiddleback Family knives to one another (including, dealers/service providers selling their personally-owned knives, etc.), not for Dealers to list their new stock.

(There's the New Dealer Stock thread to point to incoming stock, elsewhere, but I still wouldn't expect to see Dealers advertising their wares outright...?).

Am I overthinking this?

[​IMG]

~ P.

6. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Pert guessed it. Just moral support my friend!

Warrior108 and Nbrackett like this.
  7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I guess I'm just chopped liver to Jerry

Luca917 likes this.
  8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    So Eric and Douglas bought knives from me this past week .. Thanks guys!!

The rest of you have Liked my sale posts, which I appreciate, but does that mean you've claimed the remaining knives or just one of em? :D:D:D

~Jerry[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm just chopped liver?[/QUOTE]
    put that in the Fiddleback & Food Thread

mistwalker and Bmurray like this.
  9. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012

I guess I'm just chopped liver?[/QUOTE]
    put that in the Fiddleback & Food Thread[/QUOTE]

One more reason we ain't good!

10. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nah, never! I was just bein funny (trying, perhaps failing) about those that liked my sale post. Although I DO appreciate their moral support. Besides, I couldn't pick on Big Deal Bob! Pretty sure that's against forum rules.

btw, is that your first OKT? If so, congrats and I hope you like it. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
    Jerry

Bmurray likes this.
  11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Like l. Yes it's my first okt

12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I questioned it also. Over in the exchange there are separate places for Dealers and for Individuals. But, I try to look at it from the perspective that they might not be all that familiar with the typical process and lay of the land.

Same thing when newbies do run-on conversations in the Flea Market. They might just need a friendly welcome and heads-up on appropriate places for where to post what.

Either that or a moderator hits em over the head and refers them to the rules/ help. :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 8:01 AM
    Hulk2e, fatboyclone and mistwalker like this.
  13. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Well, thanks for voicing what a bunch of us have been thinking (at least I assume a bunch :cool:). I’ve had the same thought each time he has posted.

Now that being said, I do wish him the best with his store. Every new store carrying Andy’s knives is better for the Forge, so I want him to succeed . . . Just don’t use the flea market as your medium!

mistwalker, Tekton and pertinux like this.
  14. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Well... I missed a grail today - that Lil' Lady from ShanghaiJer was just about what I had in mind when I thought up the model. Message sent, you never know! Nice snag Onedog!

Nbrackett likes this.