The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Hi old Friend! You've been missed around here. Hope things are going well for you.

- Jerry
Thanks yeah I wasn’t swallowed whole by hurricane Harvey... lol ever since I was told I couldn’t bring fixed blades to work (which is where I’m at a majority of my time) I just haven’t been that active with knives... I don’t get how it’s different than carrying my sebenza or my SAK’s but hey I don’t make the rules

Thanks yeah I wasn’t swallowed whole by hurricane Harvey... lol ever since I was told I couldn’t bring fixed blades to work (which is where I’m at a majority of my time) I just haven’t been that active with knives... I don’t get how it’s different than carrying my sebenza or my SAK’s but hey I don’t make the rules
Sorry about that. Did you move to Kalifornia? ;) (just kidding)

Thanks! I hate to let it go but I have 2 and I'd like to explore some other models

pertinux pertinux , just so we're clear... would you be interested in a blue Bow Legged Joe that photographs purple or do you only want one that looks blue all the time? :D

pertinux pertinux , just so we're clear... would you be interested in a blue Bow Legged Joe that photographs purple or do you only want one that looks blue all the time? :D

rolleyes.gif~original

1) I WANT IT ALL, natch.

2) I have somewhat 'solved' the blue thing, which won't be nearly as much fun for the rest of you. As discovered in @whitty's back room in NC, which isn't nearly as weird as it sounds written out, my 'falcen photographed blue (ie, THE WAY IT ACTUALLY LOOKS) under... fluorescent lighting, no heroic editing efforts embraced:

IMG_8790.jpg~original

So, I did try this at home:
IMG_8840.jpg~original

IMG_8842.jpg~original

(bonus credit for messy Thanksgiving stove top)

In the basement, natural light crept in and evoked increasing Purple:
IMG_8855.jpg~original

Fortunately, my Crew intervened:
IMG_8856.jpg~original

Bathroom counter, circa 1925 (eat your hearts out):
IMG_8844.jpg~original

IMG_8845.jpg~original

... and back to the kitchen:

IMG_8865.jpg~original

IMG_8864.jpg~original

Weird, innit?

Back to #1 above, and your question: I would prefer a knife that looks BLUE for show 'n tell pictures, duh, but will happily consider any Bow Legged Joe that comes close to what I want in my actual real life. o_O

~ P.

I know! And thank you! I've been admiring that one for a long time. I certainly have a weakness for fine Bushboots. This one's going to a good home.
I really hate to see it go but I'm glad it's going to someone that appreciates them as much as I do. ;)

PLEASE, someone buy my Stubbymuk or Bushboot, there's something out there I really want to get but I need the funds!

Esquire in 5/32 A2 TT, unique black wood over natural liners and green pinstripes. Nice high grind. Comes with BRK neck sheath with magnet retention (so the blade is a bit magnetized). Blade has been lightly used and stropped. Asking $210 shipped.

Hmmmmm, BEEFY! Pretty cooll look 'Squire and you're not kidding about a high grind either. So tempting, esp with that sheath and for that price!

someone contacted me a while back asking if I had any 3/32" blades for sale. Please send me a PM or email. thanks.

Back