1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The guy who always has a knife!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by jill jackson, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    This is why they want to ban drain opener in the uk.

Browning 35 likes this.
  2. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    That was hilarious! :D

3. Billy The Blade

Billy The Blade

Jul 30, 2014
    Yesssss...My Precious...

4. davek14

davek14

May 30, 2009
    That's funny. An easy trap to fall into on many levels. One of our Christmas evenings is with my ladyfriend's sons and daughters and her grandkids. Last couple years I had a medium SAK (which I of course eagerly pulled out) which was used to open all the toys. This year, I selected a nice medium Stockman like a girl getting ready for the prom thinking it would get some admiring comments. When I, probably all too eagerly, pulled it out, I got a patient shake of the head as in "No, we got this."

So, you can be the creepy knife guy, even with a grandpa knife.

Dangerously, User27 and Lapedog like this.
  5. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Oh, do go away. There is a cure for ignorance, it's called research. [Reading sensationalist tabloids doesn't count, I'm afraid.]

craytab, The Zieg and trevitrace like this.
  6. Browning 35

Browning 35

Jul 10, 2008
    If I actually need a knife I just pull it out, use it and blunder through. Screw their feelings.

If I get gasps or comments then if those same people ever need a knife in the future then I'll mess with them by saying something jokingly like "Sure I have one .. but I wouldn't want you to feel unsafe if I took it out of my pocket. You might stoke out or something" (to give them a glimpse into how their hoplophobia is viewed by others as total cowardice).

7. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Surprised no one has asked what knife he was using.

RoachBelly44 likes this.
  8. bolabeenz

bolabeenz

Jun 23, 2012
    They nailed it. Well done and FUNNY.

9. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Nice to be the one known to have a nice knife, if needed, but I don't flaunt it. Of course they give a strange glance when I strop it on a piece of cardboard.

10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I take this view for the most part, tradesman or not. If they need a knife, carry a knife. Don't ask me to use mine. Go find a scissors or utility knife.... The exception I make is when the job is MY job and time is crucial. But I will still suggest that they buy themselves a knife they are comfortable with.

sailfish likes this.
  11. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious?

Dec 25, 2012
    I don't think I resemble this at all, but my wife and two children disagree entirely . . .

Deinos, 22-rimfire and Lapedog like this.
  12. SALTY

SALTY Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Cold Steel Working Man?

Rykjeklut likes this.
  13. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    That's me, but only after someone uses scissors to open a package and cut themselves.

WValtakis likes this.
  14. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

@sailfish, what's the name of the girl in your profile picture?,
    I couldn't find her on google images.

15. sailfish

sailfish Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Hatsune Miku.

User27 likes this.
  16. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Well here in the states we can buy sulfuric acid without a license among other things. Good day to you chap.

17. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    I apologize if this annoys you but, may I have a link to where you found the exact image you have cuz even googling the name I still cant find it.

18. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  19. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Oh, for heaven’s sake. Good for you, old chap, many congratulations. I can buy it too, I just need to write a few words down, fortunately I am literate. Stupid little boys, and I use that phrase to apply not just to stupid little boys, but also to stupid, ignorant, big boys, have been chucking corrosive substances in people’s faces to rob them or just hurt them. Such is life. Hey man, come over and have a beer with me, see if you think that you want acid thrown in your face, disfiguring you for life, by some little scrote (slang - scrotum). Nah. Neither of us would want that. I would want you to keep your good looks. Take it easy, mate. And stop posting sensationalist BS about my country, somewhere I’m guessing you have never visited.

20. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    I would fancy nothing else more than discussing this further over a hot bowl of smoking Bishop! My grandfather was dying to visit the UK but unfortunately only flew over it! Good day sir!

Pilsner likes this.