The Hinderer Anticipation Thread - What Are YOU Waiting for?

been wanting a FXM since I first went on ricks site and read about it! I think it will be the PERFECT fixed blade to edc. lots of firsts w this one too...first rhk fixed blade, first CTS-XHP, first working finish, first slicer grind...killin alotta birds w one stone. not to mention I havnt seen an fxm configured this way. sterile blade too which I think is pretty cool. I looked back on the pages of this board and I THINK I dated this blade back a few yrs ago when this sub forum was brand new! anyway, im excited. the production wharnie is gonna wear a hole right thru my pocket...ever since I got that satin wharnie ALL iv wanted to do is carry and use a 3.5 wharnie, cant bring myself to use the custom version, so now I can thrash on a wharnie! :)

Im really excited to see that FXM Jason. Im not on the hunt right now for anything other than steel flame bling and ti scales but my next hinderer will be an FXM. I love my fieldtac but its not an edc knife. The fxm on the other hand is. Plus you landed a slicer!!! That is the ultimate combo my friend. Congrats!

Got a smooth carbon fiber scale and blue Ti standoffs on the way for my latest blade to wear. Dig this thread!

I already mentioned that I have brass and blue to standoffs on the way but now I also have an elusive textured CF scale on the way thanks to a very nice member. Bring on the blue ti screws!;)

Glad to see you found a textured CF MRaymond!! Looking to forward to see it setup :)

I've got some blue and bronze Ti standoffs on the way from the ranch.

Just got bronze pivot in! I'm digging it.

Waiting for the bronze handle screws

Fingers crossed a scum will be hitting tomorrow :) Been waiting for one of these for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time :)

that awesome DPRICHARD. cant wait to see it. so anyway, big day for me! ...heres number one, a BNIB production wharnie from the plaza show lottery I believe...this one has a green/black scale (even tho its hard to tell by pics,almost looks like a blue/black or a grey/black in pics, but the green is very subtle, I like it!). super super sweet blade. I love it already. Finally, I have a Wharnie Im not afraid to beat on!!

...I had my FXM shipped to work, but because of no mail yesterday, it landed today, on my day off...so Im going in a few min to pick that bad bear up, and also hit the PO and mail out some sweet trade blades to some very patient fellow forum members!

heres the wharnie, Ill report back w FXM! ;):D...

Untitled by cooldaddyfunk286, on Flickr

xtrastout - ur gonna loooove that spearpoint! I almost bought that one! I saw it for sale a week after I picked up my spearpoint, made me wish I saw that one first bcuz I love that deep bronze purple ano. mine is exact same configuration minus the ano.

that awesome DPRICHARD. cant wait to see it. so anyway, big day for me! ...heres number one, a BNIB production wharnie from the plaza show lottery I believe...this one has a green/black scale (even tho its hard to tell by pics,almost looks like a blue/black or a grey/black in pics, but the green is very subtle, I like it!). super super sweet blade. I love it already. Finally, I have a Wharnie Im not afraid to beat on!!

...I had my FXM shipped to work, but because of no mail yesterday, it landed today, on my day off...so Im going in a few min to pick that bad bear up, and also hit the PO and mail out some sweet trade blades to some very patient fellow forum members!

heres the wharnie, Ill report back w FXM! ;):D...

Sweet, congrats! Odd, from the first pic I'd bet money it was a blue-black scale but all the rest look green-black..

I, too, would love to see pics of the FXM!!

I can't quite yet contribute, but I am highly anticipating a custom XM I have in the works - hopefully, maybe I can make it happen in the next week or so...

Wharnie looks great Cool daddy. You are going to love using it. The blade geometry is unique and is just friggin awesome. I've been doing every other day wharnie then slicer. I still can't choose a favorite between the two. The green black scale I had was very similar to yours, it looked green black in direct sun, blue gray black indoors, and black in poor light. Very interesting scale. I kinda wish that I had kept it now. Hurry up and get some pics up of that FXM will ya!

My GRAIL is on it's way!! It is going to be a B-day present (slightly early by a couple weeks) to myself!! Can't wait, fingers crossed it'll be here early to mid next week - there will be much rejoicing and pictures!!

^ you'd better get pics up as soon as you open that sucker up AZ2AK. I can't wait! I'll be checking every 15 min next week till I see some.

Back