The Hinderer no one is talking about!

whitty

Dealer / Materials Provider
I have been surprised how little people have been talking about the Hinderer Jurassic. This knife came out over 2 months ago and I have seen very little chatter. To my knowledge it is the most curvy Hinderer made to date. Personally I love the size, the design and I especially love the feel in my hand. Who has one and what do you think? Anyone thinking of getting one?

https://flic.kr/p/UQHsa2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

Well, I'd actually not even heard about this knife until seeing this post. But honestly, if I'd just glanced at it, and not known it was a new knife, I'd have assumed it was just another variation on the XM. Nothing all that exciting going on there for me, really, but I'm admittedly not a fan using two different scale materials on a knife like Hinderer usually does.

I will likely get one. I'm very interested to feel how it fits in the hand. From the looks of it, it would fit literally perfectly.

Maximus is fairly specialized. Dual edge daggers are not for everyone (nor legal for everyone).

Maximus is fairly specialized. Dual edge daggers are not for everyone (nor legal for everyone).
Though, to me, it's the more interesting one because it is so specialized and different from his other knives.

For me, Hinderer hit it out of the park with the XM 3.5. I really love that knife and am not interested in a 3.5 But Different.

I think it's a bit boring too. The XMs never did much for me either. I already had a ZT 0562 that I liked a lot when I started looking at Hinderers and didn't see the need for an XM.

Now I did just get my first Hinderer a few weeks ago: MP-1. That one had a unique look and blade shape that I like a lot. It quickly became one of my favorites. I'm also eyeing the Half Tracks hard. I'm sure I'll snag one at some point. The Maximus looks really neat too but I probably won't buy one due to price and limited functionality.

Really enjoying this one
903D0BBC-42F2-4527-BDB7-204801203BB4_zpspn7b3gp2.jpg
D616AFAB-ED66-4D1D-A5F0-A82A245ACBB2_zpsd8lgwswd.jpg

IMHO none of the latest hinderer releases are different enough to warrant a new name. They all seem like XM variants to me.

I like it. I'm currently rocking the even smaller Half Track and it's a super badass knife. It may be that some people are more interested in the Chinese Ti framelocks these days. I'm glad that Rick and crew are making these. I really do like the MP-1 though, as well as some of the XM blade variants, like the Harpoon, Sparrow, and the and the Bowie.

That Maximus is awesome!

I've always liked folders with the dual guard. That means it can be flipped or waved open. On a dagger no less. Would be an awesome little SD dagger. In terms of practical utility usage, I'm not so sure.

I have been surprised how little people have been talking about the Hinderer Jurassic. This knife came out over 2 months ago and I have seen very little chatter. To my knowledge it is the most curvy Hinderer made to date. Personally I love the size, the design and I especially love the feel in my hand. Who has one and what do you think? Anyone thinking of getting one?

The ergonomics on this J model, look great! :thumbsup: How's the flipping action?

I like it. I'm currently rocking the even smaller Half Track and it's a super badass knife. It may be that some people are more interested in the Chinese Ti framelocks these days. I'm glad that Rick and crew are making these. I really do like the MP-1 though, as well as some of the XM blade variants, like the Harpoon, Sparrow, and the and the Bowie.

+1 Whitty's picture of this awesome blue J beauty, definitely has me taking a second look. :thumbsup:

With so many exceptional, high quality American made knives to choose from, I for one will not purchase one of those foreign made framelocks you're referring to, RD. Never have, never will!

It's the exact same reason why I chose to buy a brand new Ford pickup, made in Dearborn, Michigan. I'd rather support American companies whom employ American worker's- it's a no brainer! :thumbsup:

I'm more looking forward to his old/new liner lock they've been talking about.

Firetac?

Looks sweet, and different from the xm line. I don't care for the look of the jurassic, if I'm dropping $$ on a knife It needs to please the eye.

Been pondering the half track. Good looking knife, maybe a little too small though.

When will the Maximus be available?

Wow tough crowd on the Jurassic tonight. With comments like this one I think next week I will just let everyone line up and punch me in the gut;) Gotta give credit cause this is pretty funny!

I can certainly see why nobody would be talking about this knife ;);)

Several of you have commented about the limited talk on the Maximus. I have seen equal talk between the Maximus and Jurassic but the Maximus has only been out to dealers now for about 10 days, and not that many dealers have gotten them. I think a lot more conversation will definitely come on the Dagger. I actually think the quick drop of Harpoon Spantos, the Maximus and the Slippy all in between the Jurassic are why it kind of disappeared in the mix.

Those saying it looks a bit different, I get that. When Rick first showed off some prototype pics, I thought the same thing. In my opinion it looks better in person. I think it actually has a more rugged than tactical look to it. While it has an XM-18 3.5 look, I just consider it the Hinderer look. It is much more curvy, 1/4 inch shorter in blade length and definitely different, so I am happy they went with a different name.

I have never been shy about my love for Hinderer knives. I am not just a dealer but very much a user too. I am not a collector though. I can say as a user that the Jurassic really does crush it. The more I use it the more I like it. Hopefully as more of these get out to the market I will hear more people saying the same! Until then I will keep reading the comments and cry myself to sleep:(

For me it just looks like the hunchback brother of the XM18.

I am hanging out for the production Firetac though.

lol...Reminds me a bit of the CPK EDC. Though I will admit that my first impression of the Jurassic was that of the Hunchback of Notre Dame i.e. not exactly the best looking kid on the block.

Back