THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

Try these search words: "ULTIMATE SURVIVAL KNIFE*USMILSPECOPS*RFP PROTOTYPE*C.1980*SEAMLESS!!" or this number: 132422056409. ;)

I finally found it, but only thanks to your later post. Here is the weird thing: It only shows up with Google search, not Bing, and it will only show me the listing if I ask for "google translate" into French: It only shows me the regular Ebay page of the most expensive Survival Knives otherwise... I can't see it in English.

I noticed before that google translate will allow me to bypass the short-term blocking of a site that banned me (it will not let me post, but at least I can view)... Weird, but good enough for me.

I think some mysterious algorithm is protecting me from dubious-grade Ebay offers...

As for the sheath, the description states: "It comes equipped with a Sheath, custom manufactured by the purveyor of leather sheaths to Randall Made Knives..." The style of the hone pocket is used by Sullivans, but there are no photos of the back of the sheath to see stamps. Sullivans didn't start making sheaths for Randall until the late 80s. If it is a Sullivan sheath, which it appears to be, it is probably decent quality.

I doubt it is a Sullivan sheath: It looks odd in some details for an American-made sheath: The font and spacing of the Kodiak name is very odd as well... My guess is this is the best "impression" of an American custom sheath a Paki outfit can do...

Especially for Air Force pilots as the description states. Typically, pilot knives are small and compact.

Ahhh, but don't forget the mysterious 3 sizes!!! ;)

Gaston

I doubt it is a Sullivan sheath: It looks odd in some details for an American-made sheath: The font and spacing of the Kodiak name is very odd as well... My guess is this is the best "impression" of an American custom sheath a Paki outfit can do...

Yea, you're probably right. To be honest, I'm not putting much thought into it. The whole thing is over the top and not my style.

Ahhh, but don't forget the mysterious 3 sizes!!! ;)

Ahhh yes, the "Heavy Duty; Warfare; and Personal". Too funny! :D

"Especially for Air Force pilots as the description states. Typically, pilot knives are small and compact."

I concur.

No hollow handle:D

Oh no?

bCpBaqt.jpg

NuxRHvI.jpg

D872rg9.jpg

IazyEpT.jpg

A6OGoGh.jpg

(because pills...remember the pills that are the most important thing a hollow handle knife can hold? ;) )

J0lCVM1.jpg

4WC8IxN.jpg

Y6JSLgC.jpg

Although, cigars are important too...I guess you could put a ferro rod or tinder in there, if you don't care about your safety. :)

I'm making plans for my next survival field test, it will be a 350 mile walk in the eastern Brooks Range of Alaska from Drain Creek on the Kongakut to the pipeline haul road. I've covered 250 miles of the rout before, leading a pack train of horses and mules, I was on foot.

I'll be alone, and will be trying to document as much of the trip as I can with Go-Pro cameras so there should be lots to share. I will be carrying little more than my 1911 Survivor Bowie, my survivor ulu/hatchet and a space blanket. I will have a back pack to carry any extra food I can gather to carry me through lean spots. I will also have a 1911 Colt auto with me in case a grizzly sticks his nose under the edge of my space blanket while I'm trying to sleep. I will carry extra batteries for the Go Pro and a solar charger to keep things charged. I will also be carrying an IN-Reach on condition of my wife, so she can tell if I'm still moving.

I won't be carrying any food from town or using air drops for support along the way. My plan is to catch and gather what I need.

I am getting very excited about this trip, it's been a while since I've done anything as arduous as this. There will be bear encounters, for sure, and other interesting things.

Ask questions if you like. I will keep you posted on preparations.

Last edited:
Pretty aggressive trip. When are you leaving and how long will you be gone?

Very cool Mark, 15years ago and a lot of broken bones ago i'd have thought yeah thats something i want to do. Now, i'll wave from the cruise ship as i go by, headed to alaska in May for a 8 day cruise.

Pretty aggressive trip. When are you leaving and how long will you be gone?

For obvious reasons I am not posting the exact dates on social media because my defenseless wife with her .357 and my brother with his AK and our guard dog will be home alone, but it will be this summer.
1f600.png
1f601.png
1f609.png

Very cool Mark, 15years ago and a lot of broken bones ago i'd have thought yeah thats something i want to do. Now, i'll wave from the cruise ship as i go by, headed to alaska in May for a 8 day cruise.

Does your cruise involve any inland trips? You could stop by my shop and say Hi, I will be home all May. Have a nice trip. You my be having more fun on your trip than I do on mine.

Does your cruise involve any inland trips? You could stop by my shop and say Hi, I will be home all May. Have a nice trip. You my be having more fun on your trip than I do on mine.
It does but i think all on the coast I don't think we get as far up as Fairbanks if we do i'll stop in, Mostly i've just been saying yes dear and ignoring all the wife has told me so far lol.

It does but i think all on the coast I don't think we get as far up as Fairbanks if we do i'll stop in, Mostly i've just been saying yes dear and ignoring all the wife has told me so far lol.

We are always happy to see our Blade Forums friends when they get up to Fairbanks. We don't get out much.

Hey Gaston,

Is this your Lile Mission knife? The description sounds like your knife.

s-l1600.jpg

Back