THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

Chris Reeve Mark IV. Made in 1989 in South Africa.

828BBDCB-E8A7-4B79-A7F6-4742B470F92B.jpeg

54C4CA58-48EA-40C7-AFC1-3A3FA5127F13.jpeg

B44BAFE9-6FC0-48DC-A3B8-E969DADBAE46.jpeg

C286DC69-33E7-45F5-8DE7-730DC063CB49.jpeg

D6B56FDE-7A5A-4154-B8FB-CC40D262468F.jpeg

A9BD850E-8B36-475F-8662-349E20F3D27A.jpeg

7AC84C68-F825-4F83-BA09-B1BA6145989E.jpeg

1775F35F-CEF2-4225-B4DB-BEA44E2A9659.jpeg
Love that!

Thought I'd drop the rest of these pics of the M1 Deathvivor here. This beast has a 9.75" long blade of 440C stainless steel.

Orrvorv.jpeg

This particular batch of steel came in at .290" thick, so quite a blade! It sports functional sawteeth, fully radiused guard (for comfort), two-tone finish with GunKote, steel plated buttcap for durability, and light knurling under the cord wrap, should you ever have to remove the cordage for use.

YW8PCfE.jpeg

v8MhAMV.jpeg

There is also a pouch with a tin for storing extra supplies, and nylon webbing to secure it to your leg. This one has the threaded ferro rod and matching sharpening rod that thread into the buttcap for use as a handle. Everything you need to survivalize!

TMyJVsR.jpeg

OiVCVz9.jpeg

SamπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Hey Sam, I think I've seen each of your knives at one time or another but I don't think I've ever seen all of your models in one picture. I'd sure like to see that. Do you have a picture of your line-up?

Not yet. I'm working on updating the website with the latest photos and prices, but still a ways to go.

Sam

Not yet. I'm working on updating the website with the latest photos and prices, but still a ways to go.

Sam
It'll be pretty cool to see them all together. You've got a pretty good line-up.

The only hollow handle knife that I own is a Rothco Ramster, a cheap Taiwanese copy of the Buckmaster 184. I purchased it some months ago as a novelty item, but it's surprisingly decent for a Buckmaster clone that cost me less than $50. My only real complaint is that the grind is uneven towards the tip, still cuts though.

Ramster-SKK-Unpacked.jpg

If I were going to spend more for something a bit nicer, then I'd probably opt for an Ator Jungle King III, since they're not too expensive and seem to be of good quality.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the latest LIT Knife, Lightweight Incendiary, Tinder.

0uOSrUu.jpeg

The micarta sleeve has an ovoid shape, and feels very much like a traditional knife in the hand. The ferro rod provides the Incendiary part, and there is just enough room in the handle to put some tinder.

m0C2hSx.jpeg

I do a hollow grind on a larger wheel on these for greater cutting aggression, and the brass ferrule gives a more traditional look and feel.

Ju41g4p.jpeg

Thanks for looking.
Sam πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Here are some pics of the latest LIT Knife, Lightweight Incendiary, Tinder.

0uOSrUu.jpeg

The micarta sleeve has an ovoid shape, and feels very much like a traditional knife in the hand. The ferro rod provides the Incendiary part, and there is just enough room in the handle to put some tinder.

m0C2hSx.jpeg

I do a hollow grind on a larger wheel on these for greater cutting aggression, and the brass ferrule gives a more traditional look and feel.

Ju41g4p.jpeg

Thanks for looking.
Sam πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Very cool design Sam!!!!! And in my favorite, OD green micarta!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Back