The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

Can anyone tell me if the sebenza 25 is more sought after than the Inkosi? I just found my 25 again after years of forgetting it was in my knife case. I don’t see them sold anymore, but the Inkosi seems widely available.

Is the 25 more sought after in any way? Guessing not but I figured I’d ask anyway. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the sebenza 25 is more sought after than the Inkosi? I just found my 25 again after years of forgetting it was in my knife case. I don’t see them sold anymore, but the Inkosi seems widely available.

Is the 25 more sought after in any way? Guessing not but I figured I’d ask anyway. Thanks!

No it's not, unless it's one someone is looking for specifically

My carry this last Monday:

OdAswedl.jpg

I have had Chris Reeve knives before (Large Sebenza 21 and an Umnumzaan like 7 years ago), but didn't keep them long. I got this one recently and have been really enjoying it.

I've been trying to read up, but can someone give me the run down on the differences between this and the Sebenza 21 and 25 and 31? I understand the Inkosi doesn't have the bushing pivot. Isn't that a downgrade?

Also, I've been looking at the warranty. I know it's generally really well respected. It is definitely worded as if it only applies to the original owner. But I know very well that warranties are really only as good as the people behind them, and the wording doesn't matter that much (it can go in either direction, good wording with bad execution or bad wording with good execution).

I also wasn't sure, from reading on their website, whether this knife with the inlays could get the re tumbling as part of the spa service? It has some scuffs from sharpening above the pivot. Also, will they remove blade scratches, without replacing the blade?

So going through this thread I can appreciate the the positive remarks for the Inkosi. This is what sold me to getting a PJ small.

After receiving it, somehow it didn't feel right. Having coming from a vintage Small Regular Sebenza perhaps I'm comparing the Inkosi to this. Maybe it's the positioning of the lanyard (which can be removed), the smaller size compared to my Sebenza, the feel of the handle. Because of this I've tried selling this at a loss but so far no bites with lack of interest.

Thinking about this further, I'm wondering if I just need to use/carry? For those that have a small Inkosi can you sell me on why you like it over a small Sebenza? I know this is subjective but I'd value any insight you can offer. Thanks.

Ok regarding my post after removing the lanyard this made a huge difference in the feel of the Inkosi. The finger grooves fit like a glove and my concerns about the small Inkosi being too small are no longer there. Absolutely love the smoothness of deployment and it's size!

If you're on the fence, remove the lanyard and see how it feels. You may grow to love this knife!

The small Inkosi and impinda are two smaller CRKs I’ve never held in hand

Last edited:
Hopefully next week there will be a Small Inkosi on my doormat!

I just bought Nano-Grease NGL3 lithium grease and the place where I bought it said it would be a good replacement for the standard Chris Reeve Fluorinated Grease. Does anybody has experience with Nano Grease? Is it any good? It is PTFE and Moly free.
kOeSNFX.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully next week there will be a Small Inkosi on my doormat!

I just bought Nano-Grease NGL3 lithium grease and the place where I bought it said it would be a good replacement for the standard Chris Reeve Fluorinated Grease. Does anybody has experience with Nano Grease? Is it any good? It is PTFE and Moly free.
kOeSNFX.jpg
I’ve used it. I would use it on my 21s and inkosi’s. Then I swapped back to Crk grease on my 21s. Now I’ve swapped back to the Crk grease on my inkosi’s as well. The nano grease is not bad. It would be a very hydraulic and good action when I would first apply it. As long as it was being used daily it was good to go. It seemed to me if I would let them sit in the drawer for a week or two or get cold the action would become pretty stiff. Almost like it would have to be re-broken in. That’s the only bad thing I have to say about it and it’s not a huge deal. At one time I didn’t really like the crk grease on the Inkosi. It’s all I use now. That’s just my experience with it.

I’ve used it. I would use it on my 21s and inkosi’s. Then I swapped back to Crk grease on my 21s. Now I’ve swapped back to the Crk grease on my inkosi’s as well. The nano grease is not bad. It would be a very hydraulic and good action when I would first apply it. As long as it was being used daily it was good to go. It seemed to me if I would let them sit in the drawer for a week or two or get cold the action would become pretty stiff. Almost like it would have to be re-broken in. That’s the only bad thing I have to say about it and it’s not a huge deal. At one time I didn’t really like the crk grease on the Inkosi. It’s all I use now. That’s just my experience with it.

Thanks for the info. I’ll just give it a try and post my findings here ;)

Thanks for the info. I’ll just give it a try and post my findings here ;)
Sounds good. I’d like to hear them. It’s not bad. Just more of a preference thing. I know some people who prefer nano oil over grease

Back