The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

My carry this last Monday:

OdAswedl.jpg

I have had Chris Reeve knives before (Large Sebenza 21 and an Umnumzaan like 7 years ago), but didn't keep them long. I got this one recently and have been really enjoying it.

I've been trying to read up, but can someone give me the run down on the differences between this and the Sebenza 21 and 25 and 31? I understand the Inkosi doesn't have the bushing pivot. Isn't that a downgrade?

Also, I've been looking at the warranty. I know it's generally really well respected. It is definitely worded as if it only applies to the original owner. But I know very well that warranties are really only as good as the people behind them, and the wording doesn't matter that much (it can go in either direction, good wording with bad execution or bad wording with good execution).

I also wasn't sure, from reading on their website, whether this knife with the inlays could get the re tumbling as part of the spa service? It has some scuffs from sharpening above the pivot. Also, will they remove blade scratches, without replacing the blade?
There's a lot of minor differences but I'll focus on the major ones. The 25 is basically a different knife from the 21. It has the finger grooves added, an adjustable pivot, a much flatter hollow grind, thicker blade stock and the lockup is a ceramic ball that also acts as the detent. The Inkosi is basically a tweak of the 25 and a name change to make more separation from the Sebenza line. The grind was made slightly more hollow than the 25, the washes were fixed so that you can install either washer on either side or the blade (the 25 had some weird hook for one of the washers and could only be installed one way), the stop pin was improved, the lanyard was changed and the clip was angled so it was set off the lockbar.

I don't view the adjustable pivot as a downgrade but many do. It's easier for CRK to manufacture but from a user perspective I don't have to wait for full break in to get action I like. Sebenzas take a lot of work to get broken in and once the do you better like the action because if you don't you're kind of stuck with it.

Quick question.
What are the 2 lines on the arm of the lock bar. My first Inkosi hasn’t got these 2 cutouts. Less force to open the lock?
Is it an update?
yn6CdvV.jpg

My large Inkosi with Micarta inlays has them (C-18 stamp), a large Sebenza 21 wood inlay with them (B-17), a small Sebenza 21 Wilson (B-17) and a large Sebenza 21 PJ (C-17) without them. Inlays only?

Quick question.
What are the 2 lines on the arm of the lock bar. My first Inkosi hasn’t got these 2 cutouts. Less force to open the lock?
Is it an update?
yn6CdvV.jpg
Just looked at every Crk I own. My inlay versions have the lines, plains don't. Other than my small 21 micarta, it doesn’t have them

Quick question.
Is it an update?
yn6CdvV.jpg
All inlayed CRKs receive those grooves. On the blasted slabs of the micarta versions, they are meaningless. On the polished slabs of the wood versions, they delineate the polished part of the slab, from the blasted lockbar. The polished slabs start out 100% blasted, and the raised portion is later polished, leaving the lockbar blasted, as it is already bent inwards. Without those grooves, it would be a ragged looking edge.

They serve no purpose on hr Micarta knives, but it likely eases production to make all inlayed slabs the same.

T
All inlayed CRKs receive those grooves. On the blasted slabs of the micarta versions, they are meaningless. On the polished slabs of the wood versions, they delineate the polished part of the slab, from the blasted lockbar. The polished slabs start out 100% blasted, and the raised portion is later polished, leaving the lockbar blasted, as it is already bent inwards. Without those grooves, it would be a ragged looking edge.

They serve no purpose on hr Micarta knives, but it likely eases production to make all inlayed slabs the same.

Thanks for the answer that sounds actually logical.

Back