The J.A.C.K.

Appreciate the updates! It's been a while since I've been really stoked about a knife, but this one checks all the boxes for me. I may try making some copper and wood scales for mine.

Hey does anyone know if the marbled carbon fiber models for preorder on BHQ are sold out, or have they just not gone up yet? All I see is the bronze. Crazy excited for this drop

Man that sucks. Have you ever bought a knife in a finish combo you don’t actually like just because you love the model? I can’t imagine what a half pound bronze version would feel like in hand

It's brass not bronze. There are a few other shops that you could check, and there is another drop planned for later.

A dealer told me JACK will ship second week of Sept. If true, then the ship date has been pushed back again.
I think if Reate is going to provide a ship date on IG or elsewhere, then they need to be accurate and if it changes, let customers know.

It wouldn't surprise me, since they attended USN-GX and the show went on last week and it struck me as odd to ship the day a show starts. (August 30th). I mean it's just a knife and it won't kill us to wait a bit longer, but it is a little frustrating if stuff keeps being pushed back. Tell me it's coming in early October, if you say that keep your word. And don't go "Early August...oh no...late August...oh no early September...or maybe mid September" especially when the Pre-Order deadline was last week of July here in Europe.

I'll shoot Reate and/or ReateUSA a message on IG and see what's up. I don't mind waiting, but given that it's not a 100$ knife, it'd be nice to know when the dealers ultimately need payment when they get their stock.

Yeah it would be nice to know when this will actually drop. The JACK and Paysan are now on the "Least likely to ship in 2018" list!

Maybe they are spending the extra time replacing the blue screws with regular ones, or better, adding non-blue screws as an extra part. We can dream, right?

Yeah it would be nice to know when this will actually drop. The JACK and Paysan are now on the "Least likely to ship in 2018" list!

Maybe they are spending the extra time replacing the blue screws with regular ones, or better, adding non-blue screws as an extra part. We can dream, right?

Fingers crossed, I shot Jon from ReateUSA a DM on Instagram and asked about shipping updates and if he might swing by here and show some more company presence.

Reactions: AF
"End of the week, around the 8th" which would work out with dealers having stock next week/second week of September. :oops:

Damn this last date was timing perfectly with my payday too. This is only building up my expectations. Really want to know what the hold up is...

Damn this last date was timing perfectly with my payday too. This is only building up my expectations. Really want to know what the hold up is...

My assumption is the USN show. They made a bunch of one-offs for the show, they are a fairly small company (Less than 20 people), with the boss gone in Las Vegas, they probably wanted to check everything one more time before it goes out. He's back home now, can look everything over this week and then ship it out at the end of the week. Instead of quickly shipping everything out before the show. At least that would make sense to me.

Can someone please tell me how many offerings of this knife there are? And if there are any more coming later??

I’m trying to snag one in carbon fiber but there sold out everywhere!

Thanks

Can someone please tell me how many offerings of this knife there are? And if there are any more coming later??

I’m trying to snag one in carbon fiber but there sold out everywhere!

Thanks

16 Versions total:

Satin M390 Blade - Marble CF Scales - Gray Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Marble CF Scales - Bronze Anodized Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Marble CF Scales - Flame Anodized Bronze Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Marble CF Scales - Blue Anodized Titanium

Satin M390 Blade - Brass Scales - Gray Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Brass Scales - Bronze Anodized Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Brass Scales - Flame Anodized Bronze Titanium
Satin M390 Blade - Brass Scales - Blue Anodized Titanium

Damascus Blade - Marble CF Scales - Gray Titanium
Damascus Blade - Marble CF Scales - Bronze Anodized Titanium
Damascus Blade - Marble CF Scales - Flame Anodized Bronze Titanium
Damascus Blade - Marble CF Scales - Blue Anodized Titanium

Damascus Blade - Brass Scales - Gray Titanium
Damascus Blade - Brass Scales - Bronze Anodized Titanium
Damascus Blade - Brass Scales - Flame Anodized Bronze Titanium
Damascus Blade - Brass Scales - Blue Anodized Titanium

The current information was one delivery in August (postponed twice to Sept 8th.), and another delivery about a month or so later. As for other versions, nothing announced or hinted at. Given that Reate has limited production ability I doubt it. Since they have the whole batch of Kirby Collaborations (6 versions I think?), the Tashi Collaborations (T2000 to T4000, I think three of four knives) It seems unlikely they would add even more JACK versions. At least not anytime soon, and they don't have a habit of going back to older designs to refresh them/add variations.

b00n b00n AF AF What's the word guys? I know you guys are watching out for this, is this shipping soon?

Didn't see or hear anything new, the 8th (last Saturday) was the last info. I might send my dealer an email at the end of the week if there isn't anything new until then. Since by then they should at least know if something is on the way to them.

The dealer I ordered mine from made a post saying they'd be shipping on the 10th a few days ago...which gave me some extra hope. If this date falls through I really think it'd be a stand up move on reate's part to explain why. A lot of people waiting with money tied up. My deposit was only 50 but since I made it I've been tempted to pay the remainder but have refrained and am glad. My frustration is 90% out of excitement to get the knife...but the 10 percent is due to them not following through with these dates....

Back