The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Suspect it might be an older machine, which makes Mint a really great and fun choice for OS. I used to have a think for these tiny IBM Thinkpads before the Lenovo purchase and I would rip out the spin drive, pop in a flash hard drive and Linux Ubuntu. Really fun projects creating light weight machines that were short of RAM and HD space. That's the problem with Win 10 and all of these thin and light 32 and 64GB hard drives which didn't have enough room to store Win 10.

Chromebooks are great alternatives to Windows machines if you can live with getting everthing off of what you need via wifi connection. Super fast 8 second startups too!
I just hesitate to suggest alternatives to Windows I have had so many people who are either afraid of a change outside the MS world or when they start talking about their intended use and what they "need" to do or keep it often lands me looking to getting them up on a MS system again. I know that these alternatives can be great for people but I have a habit now of keeping people as close to what they had as I can.

It's the machine password when you first turn it on.... so I don't understand if that is "local" or a MS account. I really dislike MS forcing you to have some long password to log into your own computer. It is none of their business. The experts say "don't write you passwords down", but I have a lot of different accounts with different passwords and it would be impossible to remember them (for me).
I am not sure how best to clarify at the moment but it sounds like a MS Account as otherwise they wouldn't be enforcing password requirements which means cracking it is tougher and given the system probably not worth it. I would see about getting a Win10 boot media for that laptop and do a clean install from it this will let you setup a new account and password. You are not required to make a MS Account but getting away from that is becoming trickier and more difficult.

For password issues like trouble keeping up with them some people use a "password locker" basically a single file/program with a password or lock of some kind that inside is all your IDs and Passwords that you have stored there. It has its risks but for many people it is the best compromise to the "Don't write down your PW rule"

Well... this is going to be a long list... lol

I find I use pretty much everything I received (if I didn't, I tried to cycle it back into the thread for others to get a chance on). Lil Drover and Wenger Pioneer get cycled into the rotation in a pocket sheath. Leatherman Wave has been used a ton around the house and typically rides in my truck or edc bag. Mules get used a lot in the kitchen (sooooo slicey!). Carry the Metamorph a ton (best front flipper yet), but I will probably move that one along for someone to try and splurge on the BHQ version in m390 and CF. Carry the 0566 user quite a bit, especially doing chores. Don't use the Kukri as much as I would like, but I have beat on it plenty...

EDIT: Forgot about the Field Watch. Use that pretty much everytime I am hiking, working outside, etc. when I don't want to beat the hell out of my nice watch
Whelp... if there was ever a time to splurge on that BHQ Metamorph...lol (hint: on sale now for those interested :D)

What’s everyone’s favorite side dish?

Mine has to be my Mom’s “7 layer salad”. It has broccoli and cauliflower and bacon!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Wind is nuts here in Ohio, too.
Does gravy count as aside dish? Because I basically just put that all over everything and am in heaven.

Gravy is not a side dish. It is a main dish!

I am a big fan of gravy myself. My wife doesn’t get it. She normally could care less about gravy. The same with my cousins. They don’t get it either.

Gravy can make or break a meal.

Gravy is not a side dish. It is a main dish!

I am a big fan of gravy myself. My wife doesn’t get it. She normally could care less about gravy. The same with my cousins. They don’t get it either.

Gravy can make or break a meal.
My Dad used to complain about not enough gravy... his standard statement was that his Mom could make more gravy with a squirrel than you (my mother/his wife) can with a big roast (beef). I like gravy on stuff like mashed potatoes and rice if possible.

Gravy...... biscuits and gravy..... mmmm!
Biscuits and gravy is hard to beat. It’s one of those things that most of the people I know don’t ever talk about but, they all seem to enjoy it.

Kind of like oatmeal or grits. I hardly ever see anyone order them in a restaurant or hear anyone talking about eating them as a meal. Yet, it happens. We all know it.

Back