The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Thats awesome! Gotta get that thing fixed. 30 years and 70k? Thought mine was low mileage.

I know!

My aunt bought the Cherokee in ‘89. Paid for it in two payments.
One thousand down and a check for 19K when they picked it up.

Only drove it 2-3k a year. After her death it went to my cousin.
He also had a work truck and a 911.

Two years ago he decided to part with the thing because he had five cars and only two drivers in the family.

Sold off a Ford F-250 too. Kept the 911, his wife’s Explorer, and a second F-250 that he purchased from my sister. Only 24K on that one when he got it. I should have bought that one but my wife had problems getting in and out of it.

The Jeep came to me at no cost.
Not really sure if that was a good deal right now.:(

Last edited:
Nah not really, maybe this morning. It’s calming down. I did take exception to them talking smack about bikerector and sharpandfiery though. Just gave them a new shiny object to chase. Gone too far now though. Misspelled blanks and one called me racist. I don’t play that game. Waste of time. Anyway, so no one has any new knives or anything going on? Did sabre cat sabre cat ever get his jeep running?

Didn't know someone was talking smack about me. Hopefully it was mostly good and entertaining. I always like a good joke. If there was anything educational there (I doubt, but even bad criticism can have some lessons) I wouldn't mind hearing about it via PM. Might be useful for future considerations. If it was from W&C, then I don't care. I would rather participate in a weiner measuring contest, it's just not my jam. Reminds me of some of the distastely discussions that occur in a football locker room.

Last edited:
Do any of u carry the leather pocket thing that holds the pen,lighter,and knife.if so is it comfortable, and work good

Yes, but I carry a flashlight instead of a lighter

Y9gV2L4l.jpg

Ok I forgot who pif'd the Ripple 2 but I brought it with me to Nasdaq today. New client is doing a very small quiet IPO. Will try to get a glam shot in the studio or something. Saw Michael Strahan and George stephanoplous next door this am doing the good morning America show.

How are you liking the Lion Steel Best Man?

I really like it. I actually just traded off my lionsteel warhorse to Wvaltakis since I don't see the need to use that over that bestman. It's pretty boxy, which I like for folders often times as I think it makes them more pocketable for a given width. I also like the opposing end blade format for 2-blades. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has half-stops, which I really don't like in slipjoints as I feel like it ruins the feel of a well done slipjoint with a smooth opening and closing operation. Not a deal breaker, but it's why I still carry my GEC 81 bull moose around some too, though it's in a belt sheath/slip now instead of the EDC organizer that the bestman is now in.

This is what I traded the warhorse towards, it may look a little familiar. I swapped in the orange scale he had. Got the flipper delete treatment, and it's very well done.
s8yGpFPl.jpg

The biggest issue of all was ppl who never even participated, skimming the thread and thinking they had a clue what was going on then offering words of "wisdom". All and all i guess when you live a miserable life it's extremely difficult to watch anybody having a decent time.
Poriggity Poriggity did that stuff show up yet?

Them damn kids seem like they need to eat everyday, at least mine keeps saying he does. It gets old after awhile.:D:D i really like their burgundy micarta inlays. I'm not a big crk fan but I seen a black frame with those inlays and it looked great.
@Brhowser87 hasnt show up yet but I beleive it's supposed to come today.

For those that are really into learning about data (they don't call out the data, just their conclusions) or objective considerations behind leadership principles, there was a really good podcast from the John Maxwell leadership podcast that I listened to this morning that was fabulous. A lot of good, thought provoking content that can be applied to more than just the workplace but raising kids, treating people properly, and self-growth. I love this type of stuff. There were a few good resources mentioned in the podcast as well that are linked within the podcast link. I listen to these on my phone but I'll link it in from the website so y'all can check it out if interested. It makes slow traffic less of a waste of time. I love when people can take concepts about making people better and backing it up with science, data, and reason.

I know this is a way out in left field, but I'm sharing it with everyone as I think it's a great, free resource if you have nothing better to do.

https://johnmaxwellleadershippodcas...axwell-live-in-atlanta-with-marcus-buckingham

On that note arguing your position in W&C by the very purpose of what that forum was built for is going to be futile You won't feel better and it won't resolve any misunderstanding.

From the Book of the Samurai
There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.

A little late to this but I hope that it doesn’t go away. As for me it was a chance to meet a lot of great members here and interact. It showed me that there is good in this world, and bad. Hopefully the good wins out over the bad and we all can work together towards this and leave the pettiness behind.

It's never going to work ,as long as there's free speech,it doesn't matter who leaves theres always going to be someone who dont like something, someone did and that's going to lead into the same type of arguments.unless theres some type of respect factor.

A little late to this but I hope that it doesn’t go away. As for me it was a chance to meet a lot of great members here and interact. It showed me that there is good in this world, and bad. Hopefully the good wins out over the bad and we all can work together towards this and leave the pettiness behind.

Something I re-learned from the podcast I posted earlier this morning, that is profound IMO, is that we achieve or become what we consistently focus on. The PIF thread was a good example of that. We kept digging the problems to re-hash and the thread became a problem again. If we focus on what went right, we can better become those parts of the discussion and experiment. This isn't to say that we should ignore the blemishes, but if we give them so much attention like we did, then we spend too little attention on the shining bits of the thread.

Because we as people love to go negative so fast, it's really easy for someone to come in, drop a plate of poo in the middle of a room with a group of people in it, even a well-meaning group, and we end up just talking about the plate of poo. Soon, the only thing that seems important is that plate of poo, despite the fascinating art that is all over the walls or the interesting people within that room. We let that room and conversation turn to and become a plate of poo.

It's never going to work ,as long as there's free speech,it doesn't matter who leaves theres always going to be someone who dont like something, someone did and that's going to lead into the same type of arguments.unless theres some type of respect factor.

This is the type of statement when I wish there was a dislike button. To use absolutes (like never) is rarely accurate. Challenging, sure. Never, hardly. You even give an example of how you think it could succeed, "unless theres some type of respect factor." Further, plenty of things work out very well despite people disliking it. I am of the opinion that most people hate to see others succeed, and yet plenty of people succeed at all sorts of things. Several leadership experts like to say that you will see more "haters," for lack of a better term, the more success you achieve. Maybe the PIF thread just did too well for too long and as a collective we couldn't handle the level of discontent when people wanted to start throwing feces around. That's a maturity problem.

I'm not hating on you at all, I'm pointing out my disagreement for your statement and reason why.

There really wasn't that much of any problems happening. I can literally name what ppl were upset about from a private poll.

One dude was claiming too much like everything that came up for a spell to rotate out his own collection and some of what he rotated back in was meh. He may or may not have realized he was doing this. But he also put a good amount back in.

One dude pulled out a customized endura and mentioned he had a megatherium which would of been similar value of the knives he claimed instead he offered up many multiples of junk stuff that wouldn't even sell on eBay.

One guy just dove head first and threw in like a grand worth of knives and wasn't able to grab something back not realizing that you need permission from whoever is pif a knife.

Another guy was claiming stuff and putting back knives of half value as did another person who was posting things like low end flashlights despite claiming an adamas, it was a no pif but it got ppl mad bc no rules were really set so it confused the construct in everyone's heads with regards to rules of engagement. Without rules it's just disorderly chaos.

Really light rules can easily be set and rectify what happened since we did this for so long with zero rules. If we decide the rules and sticky them. I'm sure the next one will work even better.

We should be proud of the overall results it was literally some amazing collective decision making with nearly zero rules in place to govern the interaction. Generally speaking the group mostly guided the thread towards benevolance until the above happened.

Last edited:
Back