The knife you had to have, but will never use...

I have to say that PhilL sums up my thoughts rather nicely.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PhilL:
USE, has nothing to do with most of my knife purchases. Neither does NEED, I have more than enough knives to cut what needs cutting. AFFORD, is often an issue, what will I have to give up in order to purchase a knife?

It comes down to WANT plain and simple. I want new knives to fill a void, something that is missing from my collection, or just the desire for a new toy.
</font>

Daniel D.

It WOULD have been the David Broadwell Subhilt knife that Les Robertson was selling for a ridiculouly low price of $600-and-something, but, alas, I coulnd't afford it!

-Flood, kicking himself for not donating a kidney for that knife and purchasing it when it was available...
frown.gif

There are a whole bunch of knives which I will never use, most of which are POSes which I bought when I was a dumb kid. But not counting those, there are still a few others that I can not see myself using for any good reason anytime soon.

1. Engraved Ka-Bar. OCS course gift.
2. Al Mar Shadow IV. Carry a stilleto in Singapore? I don't think so.
3. Mad Dog Frequent Flyer Large. There are other knives which can do the job better and still get on to the plane with me.
4. Mad Dog MirageX EOD. Ditto. Add that I won't be disarming magnetically triggered explosive ordnences anytime soon.

Probably one or two others I missed. But got these knives either for the cool factor, as mementos, or because I just have to have them in my collection.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pergatory:
Pink Spyderco Cricket.
Don't ask what I was thinking at the time.
</font>

HAH! LOL, repeatedly. Thanks Pergatory.

I'm thinking some kind of gift maybe, for your girlfriend... as long as your wife doesn't find out.

[This message has been edited by rdangerer (edited 02-05-2001).]

It would have to be my John W. Smith 4" wharncliffe folder with a slight recurve.It is fairly wicked looking, but I have too much in it to ever use it. It is one of his sole authorship knives with hot blued damascus blade, front and rear matching bolsters. It has a carved ivory handle , gold screws,inlays and thumbstud. It is low class to say how much one's posessions cost,but I can say it represents 1.75 home motrgage payments
wink.gif
I saw it at last years custom knife show at Solvang. It grabbed me like no other knife ever has. I get more than enough satisfaction just admiring it.
David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

There's only one, it's a Winchester Charcoal Ruby Copper, with stag handles. SMKW had them marked 40% off when I was visiting back home(in the hills of east TN), had to have it. Queen Cutlery makes a pretty knife!

Back