The Mountian Bike Thread..

J, I just started back up riding again. I got stuck out in the dark in the woods. I picked up a new light. The Cygolite Expillion 400. REI has them for a good price. Made in the USA, super small and light compared to old lights and its sturdy for rough trails. Not sure if you get out at night, but I can't recommend this light enough. For the price I was blown away by its performance. Let me know if you want any beam shots. It fills up two lanes of road from my front tire and out 100 yards easily. Best light buy I think I have ever made.

Got a link or any personal experience with either? I was thinking of going back to REI and getting a Cygolite Expilion 250 on clearance for 80 bucks for my girls bike. The light is everything I need, but I am interested in what you have experienced with the Moddo and Oveready lights. Thanks Pauli.

I don't know how the Expilion 250 will compare to the 400. The 400 on boost mode seems like I am in a car with headlights. I can ride around on low no problem. Medium and high are nice too for different situations.

Tons of info on candlepowerforums.com

I like the three level triple - max 1100 lumens with a two cell host or 700 lumens on sigle 18650. I have been using 9P with extender for two 18650 cells velcroed to my helmet for night riding...

Lots of hills. Burning legs and lungs training ride today
2011-09-17_12-08-13_550.jpg

Beautiful place to ride---your legs and lungs will come around.....after more pain...LOL. Like the bash guard...

cool bike but man, $$$
more power to ya!
I didnt know bikes could run that much
I need to get out more

Back