The *NEW* Mors Bush Pot : )

Wish I had read the first post a little closer. I bought the large pot and really liked it so I ordered the smaller one too. I knew it had been said that the bail wasn't attached but I didn't realize that to add it you will need to drill holes in the pot yourself. Not only is there the potential of not getting them properly lined up, it looks like an instant leak point to me.

On the last 2 trips I've looked at hollowdwellers and wanted one, well now I have my own, and they'll be two on the next trip!!!!

I typically think the easiest solution is the best one. With that state of mind, I went to the hardware store, got a 3"-5" pipe clamp for about 2 bucks and clamped the bail mounting brackets with it. It worked like a champ. The lip of the pot prevents the brackets going any further and the clamp locks it into place. What I like best is that I can mount or remove the clamp very easy with a flat head screw driver so it can still fit inside the larger pot.
071.jpg

I also got a folding Sterno stove for 5 bucks and wanted to try it out too. I got the idea from russamurai from his post here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...e-and-it-ll-surprise-ya?highlight=grail+stove . Thanks russamurai!
070.jpg

My Trangia stove fits very nicely.
072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

In the end, I wanted to save fuel and use good ole wood.
077.jpg

It performed really well. It's not the lightest stove system in the world, but it has a ton of versatile cooking options. The best thing is that it is fairly cheap as far as cook ware goes too.
I have a question about Sterno; has anyone ever tried using the Sterno inside a Trangia stove? I wonder would it burn too hot?

Back