The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Virgin Falls, TN on a single digit morning.
Fga7SU.jpg

tumblr_nis53kIL6H1qa9dl0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nis53kIL6H1qa9dl0o3_1280.jpg

Hi, haven't seen long.
This is Picus awokera, an endemic woodpecker to Japan.
This one visits my backyard regularly.

Goats on the road? After road salt I think. This was on the way back from Jackson Hole Wyoming on a repo run.

2ui9441.jpg

I think the herd needs to be thinned!

Ha - nice pic. Goats are actually not native to the Tetons, and were introduced a while back. Biologists are concerned that they are out-competing the native Bighorns, whose numbers have already been in decline for mysterious reasons (disease, most likely). So next time, step on the gas instead of the brakes....
devilsmiley.gif

Seriously, though - I think mountain goats are really cool, native to my backyard or not. :thumbup:

Ha - nice pic. Goats are actually not native to the Tetons, and were introduced a while back. Biologists are concerned that they are out-competing the native Bighorns, whose numbers have already been in decline for mysterious reasons (disease, most likely). So next time, step on the gas instead of the brakes....
devilsmiley.gif

Seriously, though - I think mountain goats are really cool, native to my backyard or not. :thumbup:

Well, didn't want to damage a repo but I do keep my eyes open for fresh roadkill. Seriously! So far no large game. Only pheasants have surrendered. Still tasty though. ;)

Just got these items for my b-day this past week

My MacQueen Dwarf is going to be my dedicated camp lounging pipe
A whittling knife for when I lounge
An Archaic flint knife that my uncle gave me, plan on mounting it in a bit of wood. I bet it'll make great feather sticks ;)

You guys like coal burning?

17691_858266594238619_4675778178016146182_n.jpg

Took me a whole night. Mostly because it was so cold I could not just sit there and focus only on that. The bottom still needs polishing, I could not find a pebble to crush the fibers. It holds about 2 cups of water.

some older pics I had on photobucket. Sorry, crappy camera. I think these go back to when you could only get a 1 megapixel :(

DCAM0009.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0096.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0089.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0011.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0044.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0061.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0026.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DCAM0013.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just now I am working on my camp coffee solution. This is an interesting design coffee maker I am playing with just now along with some others. Soto Helix.

All one piece stainless steel. It will take a # 2 filter but I think I may want to use the GSI Ultralight JavaDRIP permanent filter with it rather than paper.

4.5" x .8" closed and 1.6 oz.

005%20COFFEE%20SOTO%20HELIX%20UPRIGHT%20750%20MED_zpsaiixodga.jpg

001%20COFFEE%20SOTO%20HELIX%20750%20MED_zpsl7iazwlb.jpg

Adding to the weightier side of my camp equipment (and long saved for) ... a 12" dutch oven. At long last.
060%20DUTCH%20OVEN%20750%20MED_zpstwakam78.jpg

G10,S35vn, and ti frame

Attachments

• Martin Tejas 1.jpg
    Martin Tejas 1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Martin Tejas 2.jpg
    Martin Tejas 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 28
  • Martin Tejas 3.jpg
    Martin Tejas 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 28
Randall model #14. Carbon steel, nickel silver #1 hilt and Boarder Patrol handle

Attachments

• Randall #14 Attack BPH, NSH, CARBON.jpg
    Randall #14 Attack BPH, NSH, CARBON.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 32
Little guy at the trailhead!?
Im counting at least 8 buttons on that rattler.
I bet it was about the diameter of your wrist. Probably more.

Yeah, he might have been just under wrist thick in the middle. He was decent size, but I have seen some enormous southern pacific rattlers in these hills. I almost stepped right near this one, but he was more concerned with getting into the shade and just cruised on by!

Back