The NEXT SALE

We will keep doing these long slow sales until they stay open long enough for folks to get what they want. The goal is to ultimately have sales stay open for a while. Slow, easy, low pressure. Failing that I'll do pre-order. It is my opinion that when we are doing our jobs right buying a knife should not be stressful.

Over the years there have been a few makers that I took an interest in their knives but getting one was damn near impossible. Limited numbers, flash sales- an attitude of "I will will make what I want when I want & you MIGHT get one"-- I kind of understand that but is it hard on buyers who end up feeling like crackheads trying to score.
The above quote changes that for me. It shows a respect for the buyers that is missing in many business models. I will keep coming back as long as it takes.

Thank you Nathan.

Bill

I initially planned to get 2 FK2s; one for myself, and one as a gift to a good buddy.

I somehow got lucky last week with my crappy phone connection from the roadside.

Uncle Matty made a good point: With so many CPK'ers vying for these (including folks new to CPK, trying to get their first), I'm going to sit out on these sales until they slow down enough to indicate that the folks who want one, have had the chance to get one, before I try for a 2nd (plenty of time. Hunting season's a ways away).

Good luck to everyone on this next sale!

I'm one of those new people looking for their first Carothers. I just want to say that I appreciate sentiments like these from the more experienced members here and I'd like to think that most of us newcomers will remember to embody values like these when we are no longer new ourselves.

I'm one of those new people looking for their first Carothers. I just want to say that I appreciate sentiments like these from the more experienced members here and I'd like to think that most of us newcomers will remember to embody values like these when we are no longer new ourselves.
Welcome to the CPK community!

While CPK's performance and bang-for-the-buck are one of the absolute best things about being a CPK'er, the CPK community is a close second. Great bunch of folks in here.

Over the years there have been a few makers that I took an interest in their knives but getting one was damn near impossible. Limited numbers, flash sales- an attitude of "I will will make what I want when I want & you MIGHT get one"-- I kind of understand that but is it hard on buyers who end up feeling like crackheads trying to score.
The above quote changes that for me. It shows a respect for the buyers that is missing in many business models. I will keep coming back as long as it takes.

Thank you Nathan.

Bill
You're welcome, and thank you. It's my opinion that knife collecting, if you're doing it right, should be fun. And people who buy these tools to use them are our top priority, and they don't have time to play games. If we are doing our job right, it should be possible to acquire the tool you need without drama. Despite scaling up there continues to be issues with scarcity, but we are working to address it. There will be no artificial supply-demand imbalance created here if I can help it.

Did Nathan take a nap?

It’s official. I have refreshed more times than all previous error messages combined.

I'm such a dumbass...........
I assumed it was this Friday so here I am in front of the keyboard hitting refresh, refresh, refresh, etc. The whole time I'm like WTF?!

Don’t feel bad. I actually did the same thing. I had the atomic clock pulled up... my heart was racing... then... ;(

oh hell that sucks, I'm sorry guys. Yeah, we don't actually always have a sale every Friday. It's important to look at the start of this thread or my signature to see when the next sale is, in this case next Friday, 40 of the new Utility Field Knives. The large sales are pressing our capacity and we needed a week to catch up and build up. That and it was a beautiful day to go outside and make giant mud pies, so we needed some time off for that too.

Resized_20190222_122212001_6213.jpeg Resized_20190221_153623_8711.jpeg

oh hell that sucks, I'm sorry guys. Yeah, we don't actually always have a sale every Friday. It's important to look at the start of this thread or my signature to see when the next sale is, in this case next Friday, 40 of the new Utility Field Knives. The large sales are pressing our capacity and we needed a week to catch up and build up. That and it was a beautiful day to go outside and make giant mud pies, so we needed some time off for that too.

View attachment 1078673 View attachment 1078674

No worries Nathan. We just wanted to jump the gun. You make it do what it do and be safe.

Nathan & Jo: The fact that you guys went from making a mere "bucketful" of knives to sell every few Fridays or so up until you decided on having your own subforum on Blade Forums, till the present time when you can actually manage to lay the ground work (pun not intended) to be able to produce and sell 40 x knives every other week and in some cases every week, is friggin awesome and a monumental achievement for a small(ish) shop!

Yup, you have had to go above and beyond the call of duty and not just solely for financial gains per se, which in my book there's a word for that: SACRIFICE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry. We're not able to keep our site up to date so it's sort of a place holder out there. This sub forum is the real home of CPK and information can be found here. The Light Chopper was retired. We're in production of a slightly larger Medium Chopper now, which will be in production for a year or two. They will start to be available in sales here this summer.

Sorry. We're not able to keep our site up to date so it's sort of a place holder out there. This sub forum is the real home of CPK and information can be found here. The Light Chopper was retired. We're in production of a slightly larger Medium Chopper now, which will be in production for a year or two. They will start to be available in sales here this summer.
Do you have a roadmap of upcoming releases, or is that a company secret?

Do you have a roadmap of upcoming releases, or is that a company secret?

I don't have a road map. It's not a secret.

We're running Medium Chopper and HDMC now. And there are a couple hundred Utility Field Knives finishing up now and being offered as they're ready. About 40 EDC3 also. There are a few Utility Fighters remaining from the first run that didn't get in the first round of HT that are coming ready now. There are some AEBL UF also. We have a sizable round of UF and UFK starting the process now which won't yield work until after summer. There is a Folding Field Knife and a dagger on the white board for this year. DEK1 and a Kephart are also on the schedule. A small run of integral Shivs are on the board but it depends on how the new Mori Seiki works out.

Back