The NEXT SALE

Sounds like a great Lineup of offerings for people who have not had the opportunity in the past to purchase some of your rare and highly sought after Knives:thumbsup: Along with the New DEK1, Folder, and Kephart, (as well as i would assume the HDMC and MC going to offered on Weekly sales, it would appear anyone can get the knife or knives they

desire;) Glad to see it! At this point i am wondering if the (KOD) may become a possibility say in 2020? Besides the UF, and HDMC, it is the project I am most excited about;)

Thanks
Tom
With what is coming, 2020 or even 2021 would be fine at this point with me, gonna be an expensive year already.

Plus, can we start calling it something other than the KOD piece? Let's move it to the Random thread for all the acronym hyjinx.

At this point i am wondering if the (KOD) may become a possibility say in 2020? Besides the UF, and HDMC, it is the project I am most excited about;)
Thanks,
Tom

Plus, can we start calling it something other than the KOD piece? Let's move it to the Random thread for all the acronym hyjinx.

I like to try to keep up with new and upcoming CPK models but what exactly is this KOD (Knife or Death?) piece you are referring to?

I like to try to keep up with new and upcoming CPK models but what exactly is this KOD (Knife or Death?) piece you are referring to?

A CPK concept inspired by History channel’s show KoD. As you may (or may not) know we have had 3 people from this CPK forum who have already participated on that show: Jo, Jeannie and Jonny. Austin also participated but he’s not a regular in here and from what we’ve gathered, he didn’t use a CPK for his run.

Our aforementioned regulars used moded BC, MC and BC variants but as well made and tough as those CPK choppers were, the concensus was that those choppers were not the most ideal pattens for an obstacle course suck as KoD which doesn’t emphasize on real life cutting / chopping as much as it does on a sensationalized obstacle course in the spirit of cutting / chopping! Therefore discussions lead to Nathan putting ta concept on his famous whiteboard for future projects.

TL;DR version: an overbuilt, indestructible and vicious Carothers D3V knife with probably a BL in the 14” to 16” rqnge and a handle size of say 1.5 x for two handed grip and swinging to shear the space-time continuum :D

You will get a PM from Jo to go over the details of your order, and she will send a Paypal invoice.

Good to know, thanks!

Reading the info on the thread is invaluable
I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

I did read the info and noted that they accept PayPal, but wasn't certain if I needed to do anything else (other than wait for a PM, which seems to be the case).

Excited to get my first CPK :)

Good to know, thanks!

I did read the info and noted that they accept PayPal, but wasn't certain if I needed to do anything else (other than wait for a PM, which seems to be the case).

Welcome to the forum. It might take Jo a bit to sort it all out, but you can rest easy knowing she'll contact you. If you don't hear something after a few days, then it'd be a good idea to reach out. Congratulations on the score!

Good to know, thanks!

Congrats on your first CPK ... and welcome to this little corner of the forums ... you'll love the knife !

This Friday's sale will be a timed one minute sale. I'll post it at 3:00:00 and it will be open until 3:00:59. All posts with a 3:00 time stamp will be an order.

No "speed checks" on this sale please. Please post only if you're buying a knife.

40 Utility Field Knife Friday March 15th out in the main sale area here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time.

* we will have 40 knives prepped and ready for the sale. If the sale goes over that amount we will have to prep the additional knives and will ship them as they're completed.

Q: Nathan, are you still going to impose the one UFK per post limit for this upcoming sale?

Observation: if you lock your sales threads after say 5 mins or so, then the unnecessary commentary and bickering will automatically seize and also those just enter jargon such as: "abcd" as a claim will not be able to alter their posts to a claim or to a potential proxy (directed at those who do not read the new rules or worse, do not pay attention to them) and then will totally be at NinJo's mercy :D

Q: Nathan, are you still going to impose the one UFK per post limit for this upcoming sale?

Observation: if you lock your sales threads after say 5 mins or so, then the unnecessary commentary and bickering will automatically seize and also those just enter jargon such as: "abcd" as a claim will not be able to alter their posts to a claim or to a potential proxy (directed at those who do not read the new rules or worse, do not pay attention to them) and then will totally be at NinJo's mercy :D

I think holding to the one knife per order limit still make sense. :thumbsup:

If the idea is to go by "BF time stamp" why would Nathan need to lock the thread? Any claim for a knife with 3:00 time stamp would count and those following with 3:01 or later would not...

In a way this is actually like a "one minute" pre-order.

Edit: Accept that scales might be limited to "stock in house" and readily available...

Last edited:
I think holding to the one knife per order limit still make sense. :thumbsup:

If the idea is to go by "BF time stamp" why would Nathan need to lock the thread? Any claim for a knife with 3:00 time stamp would count and those following with 3:01 or later would not...

To cut down the bickering g and the commentary as I had already steed. It was just an idea as this past Friday's sales thread got carried away with abject comments.

Back