The NEXT SALE

good luck, ya'll!

Any plans to do more heavy choppers ?

The Heavy Chopper was prototyped and I decided not to make a pattern of it. It wasn't a practical knife for most people. But, I do still intended to do a bigger chopper than the Light Chopper, something developed with less portability concerns in mind, and with performance oriented cutting geometry. Thicker and longer than the Light Chopper and primary grind geometry along the lines of a competition cutter, but with a bit more length and a point.

I have a full sheet of 1/4" 3V here waiting on me...

The Heavy Chopper was prototyped and I decided not to make a pattern of it. It wasn't a practical knife for most people. But, I do still intended to do a bigger chopper than the Light Chopper, something developed with less portability concerns in mind, and with performance oriented cutting geometry. Thicker and longer than the Light Chopper and primary grind geometry along the lines of a competition cutter, but with a bit more length and a point.

Ummmmmm.... YES PLEASE! I would be more than happy to do some comparison chopping and/or provide feedback compared to some of my other large blades. Not that you need my help of course, but I'm willing to help regardless.

I'm gonna try to do 5 LC next week and also grind 2 or 3 racing knives and post them here in the CPK forum

Racing knives? Competition cutter? Those sound very cool but what are they?

It's a Light Chopper but ground very thin and sharpened 15 DPS. Not a knife for the average Joe, but a very aggressive cutter in the right hands.

Will it be the same format as a Friday sale, like one post right after the other kinda thing? I definitely want to be in on that.

No, different format. Those sales go so crazy fast nobody can even read anything or think half a moment. So I'll post it with a description and disclaimer and lock it with a specific time to unlock. That way everybody who is interested will get a chance to read what it is first and decide if it's something they want.

Edit to add: I also don't think I'll advertise it in my sig. There's only going to be two or three so I think it would be just as well if only the people who frequent this sub forum are aware of it.

No, different format. Those sales go so crazy fast nobody can even read anything or think half a moment. So I'll post it with a description and disclaimer and lock it with a specific time to unlock. That way everybody who is interested will get a chance to read what it is first and decide if it's something they want.

Edit to add: I also don't think I'll advertise it in my sig. There's only going to be two or three so I think it would be just as well if only the people who frequent this sub forum are aware of it.

Cool. Thank you, sir.

can I play? Just designed a pretty sweet khukuri...

Back