The NEXT SALE

Any future field knife sales ?
I managed to miss all the field knife sales of 2016
:(
I don't think there's any plans in the near future. The EDC and "survival" knife is on deck this year. And apparently work on a bladesports model.

From what I understand that Field Knife is retired but to possibly be brought back later down the round with possible modifications.

I think I saw Nathan post a while back saying they would make some more FKs just to use up the remaining handle scales and then that would be it.

I think I saw Nathan post a while back saying they would make some more FKs just to use up the remaining handle scales and then that would be it.

That would be awesome!! Here's hoping that's what happens.

There were some forum software glitches on the last sale where the post order appeared to be bumping around so we offered extra D2 EDCs to some folks, which means there won't be many D2 EDCs left for the next sale. Since a small sale of only a few knives might be enough to irritate people we're going to go ahead and do a mix of D2 and Delta 3V for the next sale. There will be about 5 in D2 and 15 in 3V I expect. These will be the last of this batch of D2.

There were some forum software glitches on the last sale where the post order appeared to be bumping around so we offered extra D2 EDCs to some folks, which means there won't be many D2 EDCs left for the next sale. Since a small sale of only a few knives might be enough to irritate people we're going to go ahead and do a mix of D2 and Delta 3V for the next sale. There will be about 5 in D2 and 15 in 3V I expect. These will be the last of this batch of D2.

Will you be making more D2 EDC's Nathan? Please! [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you be making more D2 EDC's Nathan? Please! [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3V next, 4V after that and different patterns after that. If the EDC remains popular I'll probably add some D2 into a future rotation, but that probably won't be any time real soon.

~5 D2 EDCs and then no more for a while. I'd better keep hitting up the secondary market.

3V next, 4V after that and different patterns after that. If the EDC remains popular I'll probably add some D2 into a future rotation, but that probably won't be any time real soon.

Nathan, for the 4V sale, which knife will be offered in that steel? (please say the field knife)

Nathan, for the 4V sale, which knife will be offered in that steel? (please say the field knife)

The field knife is discontinued. Nathan has said he may re-design it and bring it back in the future, but I highly doubt it will this sale. The "survival" knife is the next design to come out, so I wouldn't expect to see the next version of the field knife for quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using magic

The field knife is discontinued. Nathan has said he may re-design it and bring it back in the future, but I highly doubt it will this sale. The "survival" knife is the next design to come out, so I wouldn't expect to see the next version of the field knife for quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using magic

Ahh got it, thanks for the info!

The Field Knife 1.0 is retired. I have a few Delta 3V blanks set aside for Blade Show and that will be the last of them.

We've made some of the 3" EDC in 4V, but are consuming them developing an optimized heat treat for it. In fact I have some 4V and some V4E in heat treat right now. We're still doing our homework but it looks like the 3" EDC in 4V is gonna be around HRC 64. We were just chopping some osage orange, nails and concrete with it at 18 DPS just yesterday and have achieved phenomenal edge stability, edge durability and edge retention with reasonably good toughness. I think 4V or V4E is going to be a great addition to our line up here, we just have to finish our homework so I know we're providing the best possible heat treat that we can. Probably going to be another month before we're ready.

Today's sale was going to contain about 5 D2 and 15 3V. However there is only one D2 EDC remaining, so today's sale is just going to be 3V but if somebody in the sale requests D2 they can have dibs on the one remaining.

Hi Nathan,

Are you sure that one D2 is still available?

Thanks!

There are actually 2 remaining. It's my policy to hold one back in case there is a problem, so one will be for sale.

Back