The NEXT SALE

Maybe the person with the fastest connection should just proxy for everyone and buy them all up every sale, then they can open a pre-sale thread where people can sign up for one :rolleyes:

^ I understand the frustration and I don't dismiss / trivialize the fact that both upload and down load speeds are absolutely crucial in the order a bidder places on those frenzied Friday sales. However, the human fast hand / eye coordination is also quite important for achieving a high score.

Just FYI, Nathan has already decreed that multiple proxies are not allowed in a single post but by and large multiple claims for knives are still allowed per successful bidder. The powers that be, may revise that policy too. As of now, there is no other perfect system that affords everyone a fairer chance to get in on the CPK patterns without imposing additional burden on the Carothers other than the preorder system which Nathan has slowly been implementing (perhaps) against his own best judgement, in order to keep up with the demand and to curb artificial price hiking.

I'm mostly just playing, I do understand this is a pretty fair way to give everyone a chance to pick up one of these knives and don't want to come off as complaining. Maybe I'm just venting a little that I missed out on the pre-sale and then the prototypes last week :oops::D:D. I was away for a while and totally missed the birth and evolution of the hdfk, really liking this pattern a lot and can't wait to try one out.

I do get the venting and I didn't think that you were whining. The frustration is legitimate both for the CPK operators and also for their customers and no one of sound mind and devoid of greed would suggest otherwise.

The good news is that by and large the Community on this subform is very tight and quite helpful :) There are people who will consider proxying for you down the road as long as you make some appearances once in a while to establish some name recognition.

both upload and down load speeds are absolutely crucial in the order a bidder places on those frenzied Friday sales. However, the human fast hand / eye coordination is also quite important for achieving a high score.

kurpak kurpak
Upload/download isnt really that important. I have 30 down, 1.5 up (on a good day). My phones 4G is way faster, yet I use the PC for sales.

More importantly is the speed of your PC's CPU and coordination / knowing a couple tricks to save you time.

Knowing when to refresh is also major!

Well the refresh cycle is the key and that could depend on your download speeds! Shrug...

^ yes technically shutting down every program running in the background to include unwanted windows, bowsers, email, apps, etc; will be of help in the crucial seconds between making you a contender or a pretender.

Personally speaking I have too many important work related windows to shut down just to attain high enough placement in the sales. Looks like I'll be on the out looking inside more often than not, with my intransigence and also the increase in the number of competitors. Ah well!

^ yes technically shutting down every program running in the background to include unwanted windows, bowsers, email, apps, etc; will be of help in the crucial seconds between making you a contender or a pretender.

Personally speaking I have too many important work related windows to shut down just to attain high enough placement in the sales. Looks like I'll be on the out looking inside more often than not, with my intransigence and also the increase in the number of competitors. Ah well!
All this stuff doesn't matter. The best way to be numero uno is to headbutt every other competitor right in the nose. I could send you some steroids if you need the boost. Just lemme know.

We're going to start offering larger less frequent sales so they don't sell out in five seconds. A person shouldn't literally need actual ninja skills to get a knife.

It might take a few months to implement but sales will start being a little larger and more accessible for people.

We're going to start offering larger less frequent sales so they don't sell out in five seconds. A person shouldn't literally need actual ninja skills to get a knife.

It might take a few months to implement but sales will start being a little larger and more accessible for people.

This is great news for some of us with really slow internet. Thank you Nathan.

BTW, I am still here in Mooresville for the next 2 days due to Irma. So close to touching my HDFK pre-order and yet so far away.

That would be awesome from my side of the world too. I'd really love one of your knives, but sales are at 7am on Saturday morning, which is generally when I'm on my way to work.

Does the extra thickness of the HDFK hinder its slicing abilities? Would the extra size be noticeable whilst processing game compared to the FK?

Good to hear on the larger sales, I remember that they used to take a least a day. But that was in the day that you were just another maker that machined rather then grind.

Man that's seriously fantastic about the larger sales. Hopefully the preorder goes smoothly and we can continue doing that as well. That will certainly give us enthusiasts plenty of opportunities to get the stuff we're after.

Anyone willing to proxy for a new kid on the 22nd? I've tried and tried but my gerbils can't get the wheel going fast enough... the Ritalin just made them angry, not faster. HDFK 3v anitque... or any mic.
Willing to beg or send obscene photos of gerbils on Ritalin.

Anyone willing to proxy for a new kid on the 22nd? I've tried and tried but my gerbils can't get the wheel going fast enough... the Ritalin just made them angry, not faster. HDFK 3v anitque... or any mic.
Willing to beg or send obscene photos of gerbils on Ritalin.
I probably wouldn't be much help, as my internet isn't anything to brag about either. But I wouldn't mind seeing the geeked out gerbil pics.

Back