The one you have onya.

A tan izula with half scales. belt clip attached to sheath which is worn inside the waistband in the middle of my back. this knife hasnt cut anything yet except for my own thumb (dont ask). this is my go-to defense knife. the only time i plan on using this knife is when my EDC Keltec PF-9 runs out of ammo..;)

right pocket resides a gerber EAB ( $9 ) that gets daily use. I used to cycle through a plethora of bucks/kershaw folders but got tired of sharpening all the time, so replacing the razor blade for me was easier.

just back from walking the dog in the "city"(small town) park. Emerson hd's (comrade and hd-7) in the pockets. Bravo 1 on the belt. Bark river necker. Would carry more knives but gotta have room for Glocks.

I don't bother to rotate, I just carry the important ones in my pocket all the time, at the same time: a Vicorinox Recruit and a plain jane Sebenza.

The situations I have to survive?
Fiendish bosses, scheming women, crooks, co-workers, wankers, bankers, fakirs, gang members, red necks, disadvantaged urban yutes, errant rainbow and brown trouts, an ongoing spring turkey season, invulnerable plastic packages, mail, wooden pencils, apples, frackin knife borrowers, the bottomless Kings River, Mt. Whitney, the JMT, metal detectors, pocket knife confiscators, wimps, crybabies, do-gooders, do-badders, butterfingers, Labradors and kids.

It's a miracle I made it this far. A traditional Mora with commpressed fiber sheath often accompanies the other two.

I always have a small fixed blade or folder on me, either a mini grip or a fiddleback runt/izula/brkt psk. In urban scenarios, I've always got a leatherman blast in my pack. I think those things generally get me out of any scrapes I might get into outside my apartment.

For the woods, I will ALWAYS have a fixed blade at least 3" long, generally a BRKT Liten Bror, with a fire steel.

IMG_0935.jpg
GEC#56 Dogleg. It takes care of 99 percent of my day to day needs and if im out woods bummin ill add a small fixed blade and a hawk.

My old Buck 112 has been with me just about everyday since I was 17. It has never saved my life but it has saved the day on many ocasions. I have used it to cut up steaks, trim bushes, cut roap, open boxes and dig out splinters. Still going strong

A slipjoint in a pouch on my belt
A pointy folder in my car door for two legged emergancies

CS Spartan and Swiss tool on me. I live 5 miles from home and work in downtown annapolis. Worse thing? Flood or collapsed bridge and either would work to get me out of my car or cut seatbelts etc. Wouldnt worry much about all out survival, just rescue.

Wouldnt worry much about all out survival, just rescue.

Thing is, waiting for rescue which may be delayed, deployed elsewhere, or simply overwhelmed by the level of calls and/or the event itself, extends the time in which you have to survive and possibly even self-rescue!

just my
twocents.gif

I recently "upgraded" my EDC, replacing by Kershaw Blackout with another Ken Onion design, the Zero Tolerance 350 and my Kahr P9 with a Sig P229R.

ZT0350.jpg

The ZT is an awesome folder. Its an assisted one-hand opener, the lock is solid, and it has great ergos. Here are the specs:

Steel: S30V stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating
Handle: Textured black G-10
Blade Length: 3-1/4 in. (8.25 cm)
Closed Length: 4-5/8 in. (11.75 cm)
Overall Length: 7-7/8 in. (20.002 cm)
Weight: 6.2 oz.

EDC2011.jpg

My "survival" keychain became so big it was a pain to use. It is much handier now that it doesn't have any keys on it! :)

Last edited:
I always have my trusty combo of a BK14 and an Opinel No. 7 on me. Great knives, haven't let me down so far. I've been using Opinel knives for 10+ years, the EsKabar is new to me but I really trust in this blade.

maethor

I always carry my SAK Ranger and my Spyderco Cricket.

scenario?.....I don't know... I open beer....I got to open a can of chile's the other day for a lady whose can opener at work broke.....

Survival?.. maybe remove a splinter.....or? who knows?

I use them both everyday though. couldn't function without 'em. I feel anxious if I don't have 'em.....I don't like being without them.

I don't rotate knives. I have what i have and carry all of them.

In my pocket, Cold Steel American Lawman.

In my "book bag"
1) Cold Steel Trailmaster
2) Buck Paklite Skinner
3) Leatherman Wave

I live in Sarajevo, Bosnia and alot can happen - at any time. I carry my book bag everywhere (except the airport). Ocassionally, in the middle of the day only in busy parking lots with a security attendant, i'll stash my bag in the back of my car (under blankets and such - completely hidden and outta site) before i arrive (usually i know if i driving somewhere i can't bring my bag inside and prepare adequately.

Everywhere else, i carry my bag. I also have UDAP "Bear Spray" 7oz version, my fire kit, etc and can give adequate evidence i'm about to go hiking so no problem carrying this level of kit. I also have my passport with me constantly as well as my cell phone.

Back