The Parliament Of The Olamic Owls Is Now In Session

Seems like most mid-tech and custom knife makers have their own thread within GKD. I feel it time to include Olamic Cutlery to the fold. I had researched the brand extensively before buying a Wayfarer 247 yesterday. Now, mine isn’t a full custom, but rather semi-custom. No, no sugar skulls for me. 😢

So let’s talk Olamic Cutlery in this thread, share pics, etc.

Here’s my bare bones 247…..

3EE000D4-3B8C-4DC5-AA22-09F019AB68DD.jpeg8DBD608C-4F33-4B65-BA97-133D5A934472.jpeg9EC9C877-D373-4C31-964B-65613D8FEFDD.jpeg

Last edited:
NaVghRF.jpg

Here’s my Swish. I like the color and finish and the pivot uses a torx bit instead of their own two prong bit. I already had a Busker and a Whippersnapper and the action was different on my Swish. I did put in Skiff bearings which helped but the blade was stone washed and the bearing track wasn’t taped off. Maybe that made a difference closing. So it just took some time to wear in a track. I should have bought a dremel to smooth off the bearing track on the blade. But I enjoyed the time it took to break the action in. It always opened with a satisfying slamming thwack and now closes easily with a little wrist shake. IMO a great knife. It cuts cardboard really well.
View attachment 1633600

I can appreciate the skull motif but it’s not for me either which is ironic coming from an old deadhead. One of the reasons I grabbed the green Swish was it looked like a knife out of the Wizard of Oz. If Dorothy had this the flying monkeys would have been in trouble. It is my only knife purchase inspired by a movie though. And I loved my other Olamics. I am looking forward to getting their new model. It looks tiny and still Olamicy.

I'm cheating here because I don't actually own this knife anymore, but I really enjoyed the process of customizing and ordering it, and it turned out gorgeous. Just didn't fit my hand quite right.

I wish olamic offered more small models, as my preference is around 7 in OAL. If they ever come out with a mini Swish I'd be all over it.

50369777951_60beac7dc4_b.jpg

I ordered the 247 on Friday. I’m seriously thinking about additionally ordering a more embellished Busker.

I’ve got a super small blade (Medford Der Hund - blade length 2.25”) but it’s not a custom like my other Medford’s, not that it matters, it’s still a bad sss.

Anyone with a Busker? Is Largo or Semper a better choice?

SPOILER: This will have a skull clip.

No skulls on my Waypoint ( not Busker ) but it’s full of holes. I just liked the way the largo blade looks. I think the finish is antique entropic. My first impression of Olamic was about the same as that of Spyderco…kinda WTF weird looking knives…but now I like them. For some reason that hasn’t happened for me with Rich Made Knives. Maybe if I tried one out…I have big pockets.
View attachment 1634456

Last edited:
unclekurty unclekurty The one I’m thinking about is flamed Ti/Ti, blue anodized hardware, and a skull clip.

Without being able to handle them, and just going by looks, the Largo just looks “bigger” than the Semper, although it really isn’t.

Seems like most mid-tech and custom knife makers have their own thread within GKD. I feel it time to include Olamic Cutlery to the fold. I had researched the brand extensively before buying a Wayfarer 247 yesterday. Now, mine isn’t a full custom, but rather semi-custom. No, no sugar skulls for me. 😢

So let’s talk Olamic Cutlery in this thread, share pics, etc.

Here’s my bare bones 247…..

View attachment 1633557View attachment 1633558View attachment 1633559
I've been trumpeting the 247 for years. Love them.

No skulls on my Busker but it’s full of holes. I just liked the way the largo blade looks. I think the finish is antique entropic. My first impression of Olamic was about the same as that of Spyderco…kinda WTF weird looking knives…but now I like them. For some reason that hasn’t happened for me with Rich Made Knives. Maybe if I tried one out…I have big pockets.
View attachment 1634456
Nice!

Back