The Peanut Class of knife.

Tuna Valley makes a nice one, similar in size to a Peanut. They call it a Tadpole. It is 2 1/2 inches closed. Here is one in ivory and one in stag.
2014-tuna-valley-tadpole-mammoth-01.jpg
tuna-tadpole2.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1062_zpsaup2fuqt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I do like a peanut, but for actually spreading peanut butter, no small folder beats the baby butter bean.

This has quickly become my favorite category.... which is a big shift for someone who carried 4" bladed tactical knives for most of their adult life. Now, working in a white collar position and wearing slacks most days these discreet little guys are a very welcome change. Yesterday somebody in my office needed to open several dozen letters and didn't have a knife, so I lent him this Buck - it spent most of the day open on his desk and no one mentioned it

20170113_115428.jpg

I've also scored more screaming good deals in 3"ish knives than all other categories put together! The Buck above set me back $10.50 about a month ago...

Here's a new one I received today. A GEC #18 Beagle in spruce green jigged bone. I'm a fan of spear points and the color green, so this one really appeals to me. I think it's a good alternative to carrying my peanuts. Looking forward to carrying it for a while, even though I'll probably miss my peanuts.

Alex

Alex, if you're anything like me, the Beagle won't last terribly long in your pocket, and the Peanut will regain its rightful place. Beautiful knife, but for me, something didn't click the way the Peanuts do.

Some great knives being posted.... these have become my favorites. Got some Case, Schrade, Craftsman, GEC, a SAK and a Boker..... one of my GECs is back at GEC and the blue peanut is my wife's knife.

Alex, if you're anything like me, the Beagle won't last terribly long in your pocket, and the Peanut will regain its rightful place. Beautiful knife, but for me, something didn't click the way the Peanuts do.

I really ended up at the same place. The Peanut is just right.

Peanut-sized knives. The "legume" seems to reign supreme in the slacks pocket doesn't it?

Rookie82 Very nice set of Tadpole's you have there. Really liking the stag.

Woodrow F Call What is the knife three above your wife's? Really liking the looks of that one

T2 Tappin'

Woodrow F Call What is the knife three above your wife's? Really liking the looks of that one

T2 Tappin'

The one with the hounds's tooth shield? It's a Tidioute Beagle in Cola jigged bone.

Peanut-sized knives. The "legume" seems to reign supreme in the slacks pocket doesn't it?

Exactly. I wear slacks all week and had struggled with knives turning sideways at bottom of my front pocket. It annoys me. My case CV peanut disappears in my slacks and is a pleasure to carry.

@Woodrow F Call Thanks for the info on it. Great looking knife. Hope to see more of that one

@mb> Great job on that resto. Always nice to see life brought back into an old knife

T2 Tappin'

Thank you!

Baby Butterbean with a Peanut

The butterbean is a pattern that has always caught my eye, but I've never owned one. I may have to look into that.

Is this a peanut?

Even if the shape and size of the knife is the same, I think to be a peanut you have to have 2 blades on the same end. I'm not sure what pattern that one would be called that you have shown.

Back