The Re-Birth of the C-60 Massad Ayoob model

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by JD Spydo, Oct 8, 2020.

1. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009

Everything with a grain of salt I suppose.

Real world "usage" is hard to quantify for these situations but here's a "fun" one.

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=72657

nephron, sgt1372, DMG and 2 others like this.
  2. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I had doubts about the Matriarch/Civilian blade, but tried it out. Glesser's design is correct, they cut like a demon, just differently and nastier than a plain edge. They aren't designed to stab and to me that's not a problem. They are a "get the f*** off me knife."

nephron and DMG like this.
  3. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up>> and for a super serious collector that might be worth looking at. They are obviously out of the original 2002 to 2004 run. Because the G-10 Sprint Run of 2011 had no serrated options at all. Personally I like the G-10 handled units far better than I did the original Almite/aluminum handle.

And with a sizable new Sprint Run soon to be out and they are going to be available in SE & PE both. But I do find it interesting that some of the original run units are for sale. It was a long time before I seen any of the older C-60 models out there for sale. But for a serious collector who wants units out of the original 2002 run that might be worth investing. However I personally wouldn't pay that much especially with a new Sprint Run about to hit the market. But as the old saying goes "It's Worth What Someone Will Pay For I".

4. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I think there are more than a few people who hang onto knives they don't use a lot but then flip them when a new run is coming.

Kind of rotating the stock.

nephron likes this.
  5. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I liked the G10 units far less than the thinner lighter originals.

6. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    And that's good. Because everyone's needs are completely different. For the uses that I'm faced with on a daily basis I find that the grip factor of a good grade of G-10 works much better for me. For many hard uses I'm now finding that good grades of G-10 and Carbon Fiber both provide me with a grip that I feel confident using. I also like a really well made Titanium handle too. It seems like Titanium has a grip factor far better than any other bare metal knife handle I've ever used.

Benchmade used to have a couple of models that had "anodized aluminum" handles that I found quite similar to titanium handles and I really loved the grip I got with those. The Boguszewski Spike was one I remember really well and one I used and EDCed quite a bit during the 90s.

woodysone likes this.