The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your going to move to a baitcaster without using one? They are hard. I like the open face spinning reels. I saw a bass pro baitcaster on their website for 39.99 the other day.

My bad I meant spincaster(I think, whatever the 33 is) but I'm open to anything

Yeah reel names are kind of weird. Yep, spincast is the kind you like. Zebco is not what it used to be.

My favorite reels are shimano. I dont think they make a spincast though.
I have one of their more expensive ones but I like these Shimano quickfires best. They are so easy to cast with just one hand because of the trigger. No more lifting the bail with one hand while holding the line with your other hand. And they are only $12 or $15 at Walmart depending on which size. They only last a year or 2 before they break. But I just buy a new one every year. Wont work on spincast pole though.

quickfire%20reel_zpsoespyuzn.jpg

HAHA Yeah I got it bad. They make great pictures. I'm working on a blog where I am going to put a bunch of my pics of them.

Check this one out. This knife was made between 1926 and 1938.

Colonial%20Red%20%20Cell%20Mermaid%20X_zpstppqayaq.jpg

Colonial%20Red%20Cell%201%20X_zpsbskhgrlw.jpg

Damn! That's a nice one. Great score.

so I might be in the market for a new reel. any of you fisherman have a good suggestion? I'd prefer it to be a baitcast, and preferably under $50. mainly be used for bass and crappie. for reference all ivery ever really used are zebco 33's

I'd get a spinning reel if I were you. From what I've read, baitcasters in that price range generw aren't very good and will cause more frustration than anything. For $60, you can't really beat a Pflueger President in size 25 or 30 for most general fishing. I'm generally a Shimano guy, the President in that price range is really good.

so I might be in the market for a new reel. any of you fisherman have a good suggestion? I'd prefer it to be a baitcast, and preferably under $50. mainly be used for bass and crappie. for reference all ivery ever really used are zebco 33's

Lots of cheaper reels will work, but i definitely wouldnt move to a baitcaster without trying one to see if you like it and im not personally a fan of push button reels like the zebco. Spinning reels is where id put my money...

BUT that being said... All that matters is YOU are comfortable fishing with it.

I have used many from Abu garcia, shimano, quantum, penn... And more im not remembering off top of my head. Shimano is one of my favorites, but if price is a concern as it often is i will point out.... My opinion.... Id rather get the entry level Abu than the cheapest shimano. I dont bother with shimano reels under $50. Bad luck since childhood LOL.... But again, its what YOU like..... I would also try and avoid Shakespeare reels... although the ugly stick rods are beasts at their prices.

Now yall got me in the mood to go back to the creek...... Ya know what?? SCREW IT!!! I am going back to the creek. Ill get dressed now

:D

:eek: BK20......

Eff you usd - cad exchange rate. Looks really nice... but not in the budget :(

Ditto hoss. Ditto.

Just got back. The wife is off today so i took her with me to the creek... I caught 2 that we kept... She caught 4 we kept... All together she prolly pulled in 9 or 10... And i caught 6 total... I caught the biggest.. But it was another mud fish that i threw back.

What i leaned from this... Next time I'm leaving her home. :D

Really though I'm happy to have a wife that enjoys fishing... Now if she would learn to tie her hooks... Put a worm on it... And take the fish off the hook... I might have time to catch as many as her. :D

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope one comes up aftermarket-like. Already have a couple 4's, and a 5 which sees little to no use - plus a BUNCH of other choppers in that size range (none ¼", tho)....and I just got a second RBK I probably didn't need. Sadly, I'll be sitting this one out, even though it's a good deal. I'll expect to see pitchers, and lots of 'em.

You can play with one before shipping, I wouldn't mind if the coating is a bit scuffed. Go ahead, my friend!

What is the name of this blade and where do I get one? Looks awesome!

E-nep. river store, out o stock currently.

You can play with one before shipping, I wouldn't mind if the coating is a bit scuffed. Go ahead, my friend!
I probably won't. ....so I don't cave and screw up my budget (which is: don't spend any money). Plus, it seems like it'd be bad luck. I might fondle it a little - but I swear I'll be gentle.

I probably won't. ....so I don't cave and screw up my budget (which is: don't spend any money).

Sounds like my budget.. Always.

Trying to save up for a small boat. Already have a kayak but want something i can stand up on a little and hold 2 people but still fit in the back of the truck and be able to be unloaded by myself.. Oh yea... And have motor mounts lol...

The pelican bass raider or pond prowler are about all i can find that fits all the criteria...

But as of today i have about zero dollars in the boat fund LMAO

Sounds like my budget.. Always.

Trying to save up for a small boat. Already have a kayak but want something i can stand up on a little and hold 2 people but still fit in the back of the truck and be able to be unloaded by myself.. Oh yea... And have motor mounts lol...

The pelican bass raider or pond prowler are about all i can find that fits all the criteria...

But as of today i have about zero dollars in the boat fund LMAO
Bass hopper, Pelican Bass Raider, Uncle Buck's Bass Prowler, Bass baby, Sun Dolphin... My choice right now is the 10' Bass hopper, it's right about $1,000 and it is fully kitted out. REALLY nice if you order it from the factory. The cheapest I've found is the Uncle Buck's at about $700 from Dick's. I've been using a Sun Dolphin with my buddy for about the last 7 years, and it's 20 something years old. I don't have any experience with the Pelican. One of the things I like about the Bass Baby is that it actually has 2 wheels built into the back of the pontoons so it keeps you from screwing up the undercarriage of the boat too bad pulling it in and out of the water and truck.

The other thing I like is the Bass hopper is WIDE! It's actually 54" wide at the top (48" at the bottom so it still fits between the wheel wells) but that gives you some nice purchase for your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back