The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

Sorry. Upon further review the match was not there. Must do further comparisons.

Thank you Paul, Lyle, Hamsco, Duncan, Charlie, much appreciated. I've been trying to add the smooth white bone for quite some time, very happy to acquire one finally and the other 3 were a plus, Donna has already laid claim to the ebony as she wanted one with patina to carry.

Ain’t nothin like it!
S354DDa.jpg

Last edited:
Man I just came across this thread and I'm loving the GEC 38 Orchard Gem's. Anyone here know where I could find one of these?

I'm hoping GEC does a run of these again! Such cool knives. I love perusing the photos of these, made me want to try and score one. Lyle's in ebony with bar shields look fantastic. I love Charlie's orchard gyms as well. What was the pull on these blades like? No half stops correct? Thanks!

I'm hoping GEC does a run of these again! Such cool knives. I love perusing the photos of these, made me want to try and score one. Lyle's in ebony with bar shields look fantastic. I love Charlie's orchard gyms as well. What was the pull on these blades like? No half stops correct? Thanks!
This is the only one that I have Taylor and it has No Half/Stop on either blade and I would rate the pull at 4 or 5 and I can easily pinch open the Main Blade and it has Steel Pins and Liners . Wish that I had a couple more of them .

Harry

This is the only one that I have Taylor and it has No Half/Stop on either blade and I would rate the pull at 4 or 5 and I can easily pinch open the Main Blade and it has Steel Pins and Liners . Wish that I had a couple more of them .

Harry
Thanks Harry! Those are some great Jigged covers. Thanks for the info too!

Got a couple to add. This Southington is a smaller version like the Holley,Schatt and Morgan,and A Fields I have. I suspect these were early American versions of this pattern, although the bone on the larger framed Southington I have, seems to be an earlier example of jigging? I guess it could be they just made two models ?

This knife looks to have never been used much ,if at all.The point on the pruning blade has been dulled off from opening and closing ,I would think.
3 3/4" jigged bone Southington
Southington528.jpg Southington530.jpg Southington532.jpg

Back