The Semi-Precious Stone...

..that goes into the unused hole at the rear of a Sebenza? I saw some advertized in some of the literature that I had put away. They weren't very expensive. About $35.00, I think. Can you buy these? Have one installed at the factory? Maybe give your personal Sebenza an extra little personal touch?
Anybody know?

Thanks,
Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 04-29-2001).]

We offer the option of an inlaid cabochon in the handle of a unique decorated knife. The inlay concept adds a bit to the cost of the knife because of the additional machining and the cabochons range in price from about $10.00 upward to around $50 for Iolite.
http://www.chrisreeve.com/price.html
The inlay needs to be requested at the time of making the decorated handle, it can't be added afterwards.

Anne
Anne

Anne,
I am just SO happy with my new Small Plain Sebenza, that I thought I'd do something to "customize" it a little. I knew that I'd like the Sebenza, (No "blade wiggles") I just didn't realize that I'd LOVE the Sebenza! I feel like "buying" it things.
smile.gif

Will

Anne?
When My Small Plain does get dull (and the way things are going, that might be a while because this thing REALLY holds an edge!), I plan to send it back to the factory for a resarpening. (I'm pretty good at it, however I want the edge to look like it does when it's new. You can do that, I can't.) Just what can you do to "customize" my Sebenza a little? Do you engrave initials? Anything else?

Thanks, (GREAT product!)
Will

Will-

Go to http://www.chrisreeve.com and look at the price list to get some customization options. They do engrave, add double thumbstuds, satin polish the blade grind and add a swedge if you like. I sent my large in and had an engraving, double thumb stud, and satin polish done. It really added to my already deep satisfaction with this knife!

Brandon

Will:
There are lots of things that you can do. You can have the blade polished, you can have a swedge put on (unsharpened false edge), you can have you initials (or almost anything else) engraved, you can get dual thumblugs and you can get a silver contrast design on the front. And if you really want to get fancy, you can have an unique graphic made for the front scale and keep the original. That way when you want to "dress up", you can put on the unique graphic. For everyday use you put bsck on the plain scale. Lots of options available, only limit is the money that you are willing to part with. But...... I must warn you that if you want to send you knife in for customizing, you NEED to get another so that you won't be without a Sebneza for the length of time it takes for the cutomizing. Back when I had only one Sebenza (standard left hand small), I made the mistake of sending mine in to get the blade polished. The turn around time is not that bad depending on what you want done. Maybe a couple weeks, but Sebenzas are very addicting and while my Seb was away I was not a very happy camper. Once that you get used to the quality of the Seb nothing else comes close. CRK does great work but learn from my mistake, HAVE A BACKUP! Those nights get pretty long without your Seb. You may think that I'm a bit off my rocker (my wife is certain that I am) but I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I went through. Now I have four Sebenzas and sleep soundly at night. Best to contact CRK for your options, prices and turn around times and I think we will be hearing fron Anne here. I met Chris in Solvang, I never pass up a chance to tell him how much I like his stuff. Good luck!
biggrin.gif

I don't know if there is much I can add - you guys covered the options pretty well
smile.gif

Will, I am sure Bridget or Julie will be happy to walk you through the choices - call them when you are ready!

Anne

Scott Dog...
I couldn't find the price or description of the "silver contrast". Can you please give me directions? That sounds like something I'd like! What I wouldn't like is being without my Sebenza while the work was being done. This PROVES that I need a "spare" Sebenza! I need a Umfaan...I need a "woodie"...I need an Aviator...etc...etc...aw, I'm hooked.

Will

Yeah Will..........I Agree fully....you need another back-up Seb.......and er...maybe an Umfaan....and um........yes.......maybe a fixed blade..............they have absolutely NO Blade Play at all
biggrin.gif
, and of course..........you know who to call ol' buddy ol' pal ol' friend of mine
wink.gif

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

[This message has been edited by mpayne (edited 05-08-2001).]

Will:
I'm not sure what it costs to have the silver contrast. Call CRK and talk to Bridget. She will have all the answers you need.

Stjames,
I like that! Did that knife start out being a regular Sebenza? If so, I think I like the "silver contrast" better than the color decorated model. It would be better in the pocket. I would be less apt to damage the design and I wouldn't feel bad about not carrying it in the leather sheath. It looks like it would be far more durable.
As for YOU Mike...well, I guess we're stuck with each other.
smile.gif

Will

Will, I had that put onto a used Sebenza I traded for that was heavily scuffed. I have the fully decorated model as well, just hate to carry it
smile.gif

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

The silver contrast is what I'm having done to my small lefty sebbie. I sent them the artwork/design that I wanted engraved, now all I have to do is wait.

And everyone's advice regarding a backup is quite true. I don't have another as of yet, and the 2 MONTHS that I've had to wait has been trying to say the least. Gone since March 7, and if I'm lucky I'll get it by the end of May. They say 4-6 weeks for silver contrast, but that hasn't been the case. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait (I think it will, I hope).

cheers, and buy a backup!
Aabeen

I might be able to do 4-6 weeks, but definitely NO MORE than that. My three week old Sebenza is part of me now. Very difficult to get used to part being gone for very long.

Aabeen: Which design did you pick?

St.James, How long did yours take?

Thanks,
Will

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Will.223:
St.James, How long did yours take?

Thanks,
Will
</font>

Mine was back in my hands in less than two weeks, but it is a CGG design so I think it was simple for them to do.

St.james,
Now that's a LOT better! I could do two weeks! I like the "Trailing Moon" design.
I think I'll call Bridget tomorrow and see if I can get that one done in two weeks. If anyone knows a reason why I shouldn't, please post it. And St.James, could you please tell me how much it costs to get the "Silver Contrast" done? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Will

Will,

The design was actually one that I came up with. It's similar to the Line Drive, but slightly different. I'll try and post pics when I get it.

BTW, Bridget emailed me ro tell me that my knife was shipped out UPS yesterday! Turns out she was wrong on when it'd get done.

Oh, silver contrast costs $55.00 with shipping.

cheers
Aabeen

Bridget once emailed me that they love it when users want to customize their knives.

I figure they're glad that people take their work that seriously....

Brandon

Back