The Semi-Precious Stone...

Brandon,
Oh, yes. I take my Sebenza very seriously. Appreciative, that's what I am. I've been collecting pocket knives for a long time (over 30 years) and my three week old Sebenza is EASILY the best folder I've ever owned. I guess I'm getting "crotchety" in my old age because it just makes me furious when I order an expensive folder and the blade "wiggles".
Poor craftsmanship, that's what THAT is. On the other hand, my new Sebenza has perfectly tight blade lock-up. Now, that means a lot to me. I must have picked up the phone to call Bridget three or four times yesterday. I hung it back up every time. I'm having a little trouble with the thought of the empty feeling which I must endure while my Sebenza is at the factory being "silver contrasted". (My stomach hurts.) It's not the price, it's just that after all these years, I have the perfect knife. I'm not anxious to let it go. I really want the "silver contrast", but I'm going to have to "psych" myself up in order to hand it over to the Post Office counter person. I'm very afraid of having to shout....
"Gimme back my Sebenza"! Could get embarrassing.

Will

Maybe you'd like to buy mine, quick. It was "born" February 21 and it's too small for my hand. The Large fits me better, and, yes I have a large plain to backup the large decorated.

Doesn't everybody?

MarcV,
Thanks anyway, however...
I've got it all planned out. I just carried out the first operation. A Plain Small Sebenza. Next is an Umfaan. Then a Mnandi. The next part of my plan is not "firmed up" as of yet. I'd like a Small "Woodie", but I also need an Aviator. I've flown for a long time. It just seems fitting that I have an Aviator fixed blade. (Especially if I ever go ahead and do what I should have done before I turned into a 50 year old far...well, you know.
smile.gif
How DOES it happen SO FAST??

Will

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Next is an Umfaan. </font>
You don't have an Umfaan yet? Oh, no. It will steal your heart, so little knife with so much cutting edge. And it's strong.

But I have to warn you about your use of words: NEED. Try never to confuse need with desire. These knives have desire written all over them. Your NEED can probably be fulfilled with one of those $2.00 stainless folders from China; the kind you see at gun shows.

On the other hand, our Baskin-Robbins owner says "We have a saying in our family. 'Desire is need enough.'".

Oh no!!
NEED is the correct term.
smile.gif

I'm almost 51 years old. I can NEED such things as this. I've paid my dues, and I'm grateful and thankful that things have worked out the way they have. Actually, things probably have worked out better than I deserved. (Maybe it's that way with everybody.)

Will

Back