The Sunday Picture Show... (7-5-2020) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...

I've puzzled over the term 'Lacy' myself..But the biggest mystery is the absolute handmade Yellowhorse shieth's that he made for very first 'Fancy' Lacy's he sold out of his family's hardware store. I have never seen one in person and have only seen a bad picture in a old for sale listing. At the time I didn't know how to do a screenshot and I have looked for years to buy one or find a picture. It had a turquoise nugget for the snap and my memory is not too clear about the rest of it. Gene Merret (sp?) might know or even have one. I searched Ebay a few weeks ago just to look at knives that weren't Buck and was amazed at the range of his art..

There is no such thing as an inferior Buck Knife or knife collection.
We all just love Buck Knives and enjoy seeing what everyone has to share and the great stories that sometimes comes with them.

A couple Yellowhorse Kalinga's

EjW9xsm.jpg

DfCp0AL.jpg

j9sxQXF.jpg

Good God.
Nice stuff guys!

It would be easy to feel inferior around here, but you folks never make anyone feel that way. Thanks!

No reason to ever feel that way around here. We are all Buck collectors. We all enjoy seeing each other's knives. Some have nice beautiful customs, some have customized done by other well-known people besides buck. Some have LT knives. I have a few of everything. I love my users, I love my safe Queens. I love to share pictures and that's what it's all about. One day I'll show a picture of a user one day I will share a picture of a custom/ LT. All buck knives are welcome here. ITE

E035E643-50AF-47F8-BD2C-D2CDDA1BEC5A.jpeg 9FF470BE-66E5-409B-BF9D-26B5E0ECBE46.jpeg 6415504E-3B7D-47CB-9BCD-0085C3BD9BF2.jpeg FA57499F-EA75-48AF-8436-BE050CD1A22B.jpeg I ain’t got any DY knives but got a little silver Horse knife. But a week ago a guy I trade with from my local flea market called, he had three DY knives the same three pictured in the 1987 catalog, and gave me his price and story of why he has to get that much for them to get his money back, I was only wanting the 112 but he wanted almost half of what he wanted for all them, I looked at them last Saturday he still wanted that price, but Sunday he sold them to a friend of mine for $250 less,

bucklife301 - I have had the same thing happen to me quite a few times. A couple of the times the person who ended up with them eventually ended up selling or trading them to me anyway.

The most recent one was listed on craigslist for $85 so I contacted the seller. She was very difficult on payment and would take her a a few days to get back with me every time I asked her something. Eventually she said she talked to someone at Buck Knives and they told her it was worth $200 so if I still wanted it I would have to pay her $150. I passed. I don't play that game and it was too much for the knife anyway. She than relisted it again on Craigslist for $200 where it sat for a couple months without any action. Eventually she relisted it back down to $85 and someone bought it but not me. I didn't want to deal with her any more.

Last edited:
..... I ain’t got any DY knives but got a little silver Horse knife .....

Your little "SilverHorse" knife is the "Rampant Colt" logo of the Colt Firearms Company. It is one of two sterling silver 525's you won't see too often. They were sold at the 1996 Colt Collectors Association Meeting. 75 of the Colt Serpent logo and 175 of the Rampant Colt were made. /Roger

525.Colt.Sterling.a 001_zpsn5dw2ap6.jpg

Back