The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

I was just trying to remember what that really large sticky ring shaped pastry with the raspberry filling is.
It was too sweet for my tastes but pretty popular around the office.
Oh yeah, a cringle. So, Silver, is this what you bring to the office if you want to make friends?
As hot and gross out as it has been lately Gypsy is still an absolute nut about our walks. Her heart outweighs her common sense and I have to pay attention or she'll motor along until she can't move. We've got a good walk, carry, repeat pattern down. She's getting old and fat, it's a good thing she's still the most adorable thing around.

Q4UxXHx.jpg

I'm no entomophile but I've always paid attention to bugs around here. Definitely never seen one of these before, ever. Any ideas? It was about 2" long overall I'd guess.

YJgwWN3.jpg
Grog, the bug reminds me of a Jerusalem Cricket.

Somebody brought them to work a while back, I couldn't handle them - too much color without a single appealing flavor (to my palette), they tasted like mediocre donuts covered in crisco and maybe some artificial maple flavoring and nuts (neither of which I like on my donuts). I'll stick with Kwik Trip day-old donuts myself, or similarly humble extravagances (juxtaposition intended)

Also messy :p. Just my opinion
Wow Chiral, spoken like a true dad :D

The batch I had was really good. I've had a lot of donuts in my day, most good, but some not very good. These definitely seemed as deluxe or gourmet as a donut can get. Big variety of frostings and fillings and special toppings even different types of dough/batter for differently themed donuts.

I was just trying to remember what that really large sticky ring shaped pastry with the raspberry filling is.
It was too sweet for my tastes but pretty popular around the office.
Oh yeah, a cringle. So, Silver, is this what you bring to the office if you want to make friends?

Grog, the bug reminds me of a Jerusalem Cricket.
These were a one time splurge for the ladies in my life. The office gets items from the local bakery.............. but none of them want to be my friend.............

If your ever in Quakertown PA, (north of Philadelphia) and like donuts, try Yum Yum donuts. They are regionally famous and worth driving out of the way.

I love going back to Philly for cheese steaks, soft pretzels, Italian pizza, and donuts. Oh, and the Reading terminal Market. Wow. Makes me hungry.

Brian77 Brian77 Great recommendation. You have a great taste in food. Makes me hungry!

@grogimus If that Fruity Pebbles donut got your attention, they have one covered in Lucky Charm marshmallows. I'd totally devour one of those!

I wish! I think the closest I'll get is an 87% eclipse. I have my special eclipse glasses ready to rock and roll!

Stylish, right?!?

And yeah, I've been seeing a lot of warnings about the glasses and the eclipse in general.

Last edited:
Spending some time sharpening knives while waiting for totality to happen.
It is getting pretty dark out there!

Eclipsage was about 83% in my area. Pretty cool. Still had a nice, little party and good drinks to commemorate.

jAbTIJo.jpg

FPoPGbi.jpg

bpqzXXx.jpg

xKTCWbf.jpg

My pic was pretty disappointing, but the live stream gave a shout out to Idaho. Maybe Guy and Ellie got better pics than me.

RRBneo1.jpg
Looks like fun. We had fun here

I was at work but got the chance to step outside and see it :thumbsup: Was a cloudy day for the most part, but the sun was still bright enough to give us a good glimpse, and my kids made a pin-hole projector that worked as well.
Jealous of the Idaho crowd, looks sweet.

Silver, nice looking fiddle and mandolin!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back