Photos The Tantalizing Triumvirates - Same frame/pattern, all three Great Eastern brands

There are a couple Northfields #15s. Charlie's Rope Knives were Northfield, and he did some spearpoint Harness Jacks on the #15 pattern in Northfield trim, as well.

#15's in Tidioute, Northfield and GEC

IuSQa5c.jpg

#47's in Tidioute, Northfield and Farm & Field Tool

Cl1M8b4.jpg

Excellent work! The 15 is so varied that I imagine many people have a few in their collection with different blade shapes. Much narrower focus to hone in on a run, especially with so few Northfields to choose from. I'm surprised we don't see more Northfield 15s, knowing that pattern will always sell and be in high demand. And that's right, there could be a pure rope knife Triumvirate!

IuSQa5c.jpg

Cl1M8b4.jpg
Ooooo, I may be able to pull off a group of #15s. I totally forgot there was a Northfield 15. Not only the caplifter, but the Rope Knife as well. As someone mentioned above, the rope knife came in Northfield, Tidioute and GEC variants! That would be a cool collection.

IuSQa5c.jpg

Cl1M8b4.jpg

IuSQa5c.jpg

Cl1M8b4.jpg

Fantastic array:cool: Been gnashing my teeth over the 15s;) I had a Northfield Rope Knife but traded it (not a bail fan) so it's ruled me out of the 15 shot (plus having a Spear Tidioute go missing in the mail:poop:) but I do have an Acorn shield one and great knife it is:thumbsup:

Just want to see a set of 25s, never collared a stainless one, came in Elk and Purple Bone as far as I know.

Thanks, Will

Here you go @btb01 . I just saw the tag this afternoon.

The #25 Triumvarates include a Tidioute Tiger Maple Burl Wood chosen for the obvious Tidioute shield. This is a 1 of 1 as far as I know from 2008. The only Great Eastern brand #25s were produced in 2010. I chose one in elk because I could. And this is followed by a mammoth bark Northfield as I love mammoth. I never thought this one would make it into my collection.

KAokr92.jpg

And since I was digging though my #25s and taking photos I thought I would one up this challenge. Here are #25s in another triumvarate. Northwoods Bullet Jack in Orange Camel bone as I love the dye in this short run. Bulldog (I think these were named Lima Bean) in abalone. I love this shield. Followed by Cripple Creek Cutlery Punkin' Seed Jack in amber jig bone.

DQlHn88.jpg

Last edited:
Whoops I realized I didn't do all barlows or jacks...

Okay this is where it gets tricky. All the Great Eastern #25s are EO double end caps with either single spear or single sheepfoot blade. The Tidioutes and Northfields with double end caps (at least the ones I have) all appear to be 2 blades. The EO are single blade but only have one end cap. Hmmmm maybe I need more coffee to complete the challenge completely as from what I can tell I could not do the same blade configuration, EO vs non-EO and # of end caps with all 3. Perhaps I am making this more difficult than what I should ;)

Last edited:
Might have helped if I perused this thread a bit more. Here are 3 in stainless steel. The options are limited for #25s. GEC was only in 2010 (#25211EO and #25311EO). Tidioute had 2 runs (#251211B in ebony - pictured and golden rod and #253113 in rust red jig bone and ebony). Northfield had only one run (#251211 -burnt stag, primitive, snakewood - pictured, burnt orange jig bone and red sienna jig bone).

CcaRFnF.jpg

Here's another one with the blade shape handicap: 74 Stallion/Mustang. Helpful that they both have horse names. Overdue thank you to MCar MCar for gifting me the green jigged bone Tidioute! Especially generous of him.

49493259906_10366456d6_k.jpg

49493472162_b691be0d56_k.jpg

BTW, on this horse theme... did I mention my horse hat collection? This is a Triumvirate that tantalizes me, especially with the "Horse" inscription on the adjustment bands.

49493363341_65c59c60ce_k.jpg

49492864683_fde2e31c5f_k.jpg

Absolutely outstanding collections being posted up in here. I am working to build a collection of the #86 models, and unfortunately, it seems like I won't be able to make this particular grade because I don't believe a GEC #86 has been made, has it? Well, there's always hope for a future run!

Here's another one with the blade shape handicap: 74 Stallion/Mustang. Helpful that they both have horse names. Overdue thank you to MCar MCar for gifting me the green jigged bone Tidioute! Especially generous of him.

49493259906_10366456d6_k.jpg

49493472162_b691be0d56_k.jpg

BTW, on this horse theme... did I mention my horse hat collection? This is a Triumvirate that tantalizes me, especially with the "Horse" inscription on the adjustment bands.

49493363341_65c59c60ce_k.jpg

49492864683_fde2e31c5f_k.jpg

Nice duo trio! Who knew that horse hats were a thing? I didn't.

black mamba black mamba that Bulldog is a bewt..and making me flex my puny muscles for those covers on whatever the Porch decides on in 2020.
Looks like my Charles Atlas exercises have worked!!! Now im off to the beach to kick sand in peoples faces and beat up any sharks I find.:D

Back