The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

knives.jpg

This is a Craftsman branded electrician's knife my father modified to use to score corrugated box samples he designed. The screwdriver/blade with the brasslocking tab was left unsharpened and the screwdriver tip rounded to perform this task. As a teen during the depression he took up barbering and continued to do so during his stint in the Navy. As a Seabee he hit Iwo Jima. After leaving the Navy he used his trade to put himself through engineering school. He definitely could sharpen razors by hand and taught me all I know about that when I was around 8 years old. I wish I still had the SAK that he gave me as my first knife. My sons also got knives when they were responsible enough. Shrade fixed blade skinners.

This is a re-run from a different thread, knivs with special meaning are always belovd tools.

DSCN1793.jpg

DSCN1792.jpg

My Great Grandfathers Wenger SAK, it was given to me by my mother during my Thanksgiving visit.

Peregrin... Great picture, and I have to ask where in NY are you? I'm a huge fisherman, (ok, I'm a little guy, but fish a lot, lol) and fish almost more than I sleep sometimes.

If you are in Rome, I'm right down the Thruway from you, in Syracuse. I spent my teenage years in Whitesboro, transplanted from Ohio. My dad and I spent a lot of time on the West Canada, Moose River area and the Fulton chain lakes. I guess after 4+ decades here I can call CNY home. :D

Here's a streamside Ohta shot. Just to keep with the content. ;)
DSC00411.jpg

This unique "ole" boy today a 1976 Case 6232 Large Texas Jack. I rescued him off of ebay. Someone had really butchered the blades by sharpening them on a grinder "OUCH".

It's unique because it was apparently sent off to Case for a blade replacement and instead of a 6292 blade someone replaced it with a 6392 blade. Must've been right at quitin time on a Friday.

I corrected the damage to the blades as best as I could and he is "screamin" sharp now. I really like the dark red bone and the fact thats he's an oddity like me :D

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Paul

I'm hitting the dam on Lake Delta tonight, so I'll add a good late night walleye or Northern Pike pic real late tonight before I hit the sack!

If you are in Rome, I'm right down the Thruway from you, in Syracuse. I spent my teenage years in Whitesboro, transplanted from Ohio. My dad and I spent a lot of time on the West Canada, Moose River area and the Fulton chain lakes. I guess after 4+ decades here I can call CNY home. :D

Here's a streamside Ohta shot. Just to keep with the content. ;)
DSC00411.jpg

I'm going to drop this photo in here. It is one of my favorite pictures. The knife is a Case wharncliffe copperhead. The background is an antique tractor calendar. Hope you guys enjoy it too.

knives1103-005.jpg

Ed J

Couple of Scharade Walden's made by GEC.

Fresh out of the package (large and small are mine, the other two small 2 blade are for my boys, one 6 years old, and the other is 2 years old.)
101064908_photobucket_94427_.jpg

Getting them sharp on my strop (the edges on the clip blades have been convexed by hand. The spey blades are close to stock edge angle, but touched up to be just as sharp)
(the hair you can just see in this pic is there for "testing")
IMG_4032.jpg

I like to keep them sharp!

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

Heres a few -

a Bulldog 5 blade
IMGP6389.jpg

an old Miller Brothers moose pattern
MillerBrosMoose.jpg

a couple from Great Eastern
IMGP8004.jpg

IMGP7980.jpg

and a small congress from Hen and Rooster
_IGP2478.jpg

Another Sunday... You guys CAN post up before me you know... lol. After a morning of hunting, seeing nothing, and realizing I should have just gone fishing, this picture seems fitting...

IMG_5877.jpg

I've posted this one before, but it seemed appropriate to put it here too. I've figured out how to use that cap lifter without to much trouble. I can feel confident I'll never get thirsty, if I have my forum knife and a few bottles with me. The Ithaca Beer jack is extraneous at this point. Or would be if I have my forum knife in my pocket.

DSC02531.jpg

I'm enjoying this Sunday picture thread! Thanks for the great images!

Back