The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

Agreed, the Viper cuts like a laser beam. Pleasure to carry as well because it is so thin.

David, is that new? I don't recall seeing that beauty before. Very visually stunning with the file work, bolster etching and Damascus. What are the covers made of?

Hey Bob! Thanks for the compliments! That one is actually an early acquisition, one of my first custom slip-joints - I am only just getting over the "fear" of carrying it regularly, since I liked it so much...so that's probably why you don't recall it :) The covers are stag. They were a bit light when I got it and I tend to like darker handles (minus ivory of course :)) - so I dyed the stag to try and get a bit richer tone. A harder process than I would have liked, and a bit stupid in hindsight to experiment with a one-of-a-kind piece... :p Oh well, I like it though.

Well mission accomplished David, because you certainly were successful in making the stag rich and dark. I can't imagine a lighter stag looking as good as what you have going on there. The colors and shading of all the components compliment each other very nicely. Well done brother. :thumbup:

I did not have time to post this yesterday,

A slim fighter by ABS J.S. Tad Lynch, ink line spalted maple handle, hand forged damascus blade that has been differentialy heat treated, gaurd is wrought iron from an old wagon wheel that Tad found in the Ozarks, beautiful sheath by David Seward.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's a beauty, Kris! I do like a nice fighter myself. Not to fight with though. Just to admire and use for other knifely things.

Thanks Gary, I am very happy with this one, looking forward to it being my sidepiece for a long to come. David's sheaths are top shelf.

attachment.php

.... I am very happy with this one, looking forward to it being my sidepiece for a long to come. David's sheaths are top shelf.

What an extraordinary work of art, all the finer because it makes sense as a useful, usable tool-- the lines (and no doubt the ergonomics in-hand) are so well thought-out and executed.

There's just so much to take in, visually.

The sheath puts it over the top. :thumbup:

... Sweet avatar, too.

~ P.

Well mission accomplished David, because you certainly were successful in making the stag rich and dark. I can't imagine a lighter stag looking as good as what you have going on there. The colors and shading of all the components compliment each other very nicely. Well done brother. :thumbup:

Thanks Bob - much appreciated brother :)

Kris
Just outstanding all around!!! Can't stop admiring it:D

Thanks Gev :)

What an extraordinary work of art, all the finer because it makes sense as a useful, usable tool-- the lines (and no doubt the ergonomics in-hand) are so well thought-out and executed.

There's just so much to take in, visually.

The sheath puts it over the top. :thumbup:

... Sweet avatar, too.

~ P.

Thanks for the wonderful words, Sarah. It does feel great in hand, too.

I just saw why this thread was still active mid week! :eek: Incredible knife Kris :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a very pleasant Sunday, and Happy Father's Day to all our dads! :)

Sitting pretty riding to Church today, Bose/Case lock back whittler and friends;

Whittler_presidents.jpg~original

G2

Thank you Augie, that's a lovely collection of Barlows :thumbup:

Jack and Augie you are showing some lovely ones this morning :thumbup: Hoping that all my friends here on the porch have a great Sunday :)

19235980861_36a4f56f8b_b.jpg

18609985374_b8464a2956_b.jpg

Back