The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

GUyuEMI.jpg

nVR07T3.jpg

Incredible! May I ask the maker? :thumbsup:

r8shell r8shell , was that Klein made in Seki City? It looks very similar to some I remember from '80s and '90s that were made there.

Incredible! May I ask the maker? :thumbsup:
Thank you sir!:thumbsup:
Its marked L. F. & C. (Landers, Frary & Clark) with a "universal" etch. I haven't been able to find much info on it.. yet. I don't know if LF&C manufactured their own or had them made on contract, but I would love any info anyone might have.

r8shell r8shell , was that Klein made in Seki City? It looks very similar to some I remember from '80s and '90s that were made there.
I don't know, Gary, it just says "Japan". A friend gave it to me from a bunch of used knives he just bought, so I don't know how old it is.

I just looked them up, and it seems like they're still being produced with the Japan stamp, so it's probably pretty new.

I love those Klein lockbacks. My dad carried a large model that he got through work for years. My father-in-law (who worked with my father) still carries the smallest model. Great lock up, good steel, fantastic knives. I have a personal affinity for the smallest in the line up.

I had my Case medium stockman (6344) out last night for a little end of the week tune-up (honing and stropping) so I thought I'd take a picture this morning. After looking around for a good setting I found a fiberglass stake next to a plant in one of our wetland gardens and balanced the knife on top of it. Then I thought, "Why don't I edit that out?" ;) So, here's the knife floating in the air... :confused:

35942799142_aa09f61914_c.jpg

I love those Klein lockbacks. My dad carried a large model that he got through work for years. My father-in-law (who worked with my father) still carries the smallest model. Great lock up, good steel, fantastic knives. I have a personal affinity for the smallest in the line up.
Thanks, it seems like a fine little knife. Were there similar little steel and wood inlay lockbacks made by Kershaw or Gerber? Maybe Camillus? I feel like I've seen them for years, but never paid much attention. For some reason it caught my eye when my friend was showing me his purchases yesterday.

Thank you sir!:thumbsup:
Its marked L. F. & C. (Landers, Frary & Clark) with a "universal" etch. I haven't been able to find much info on it.. yet. I don't know if LF&C manufactured their own or had them made on contract, but I would love any info anyone might have.

Thank you for the info, I think it looks quite lovely :) I'd not previously heard of L.F. & C, from what I can find online, they look to be an interesting company. Hope you can find out more info, if nothing turns up here, maybe the New Britain Industrial Museum can help? :thumbsup:

https://nbindustrial.org/collection/landers/

Great pics Randy, and I love your cap :) :thumbsup:

Back