The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Charlie. I like it. I’m guessing the choice of an existing pattern indicates we aren’t going to get to design a new one. Might be a fait accompli in that regard.

As for the mockup, I think it would be a great knife in hand, but the mockup drawing of it is a little uninspiring with that drab brown.

Perhaps an ivory or callico sawcut bone might make it pop a little?

Last edited:
I like it very much, assuming the covers are saw cut bone.

I am quite surprised GEC is going to run the 86 pattern again, since it is so recent.

Lovely knife, great bolsters, awesome clip........ GEC is just a great company and Bill Howard is a true gentleman for helping us with the 2021 forum knife.

Now...... can we find a dealer that will handle the money and shipping?

A single-blade #86 Barlow - with sawcut bone covers, rattail bolsters, and all steel construction. I could certainly get behind that - all that's missing is a nice bolster stamp but if they do the bolster up like the rendering, I could forgive the omission.

All steel would keep the costs down a bit too, wouldn't it?

News from GEC!! Bill has made us an offer!! I think it also previews a knife he will make later in the year! Tell me what you think!!View attachment 1541829

This news totally made my day ! Feeling elated right now !!! I love it :).
A "pinchable" single clip blade, on a sturdy frame, ready to be carried and used at your heart's content :thumbsup:
Thank you Charlie and Bill !!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back