The Watches CRK People Wear...

Interesting looking through this thread and seeing the myriad of watches available. I personally lean towards the traditional "field watch" examples. Several of the Hamilton's catch my eye as well as some of the Marathon's.

Interesting looking through this thread and seeing the myriad of watches available. I personally lean towards the traditional "field watch" examples. Several of the Hamilton's catch my eye as well as some of the Marathon's.

There are SO MANY great watches to choose from. I just have to pretend this thread doesn't exist sometimes. :D :D

There are SO MANY great watches to choose from. I just have to pretend this thread doesn't exist sometimes. :D :D
I try and avoid the knife+watch threads since I already have a bad knife problem, and currently only a minor watch problem.

What is nice though, at least for my tastes, is that I can get a nice watch for way less than my current knife prices. That said, I am looking at a watch that would be more expensive than any of my knives, and only slightly less expensive than my single "expensive" watch.

wnmV1RY.jpg

I was going down the path of a crippling expensive watch addiction when I found an Apple Watch on a deep sale. Bought it just to kick the tires really and now I cannot go back to a regular watch. On work days at least. I've always hated the bulk of having a phone in my pocket, especially since I carry a knife so I'm basically pocketless with this duo. I'm in headphones most of the day so having access to media players and being able to keep up with communications is great. I float around a small shop building and wiring machines. so I can keep my phone in my toolbox with this thing.

Also in that time frame I lost 100lbs and when I go to wear one of my regular watches I've found they all need a link removed. Haven't made the trip to a jeweler or learned how to do it. So it's been a long time since I've worn one. I'm not going to give the hobby another chance because I just impulse bought a $700 scuba diving Ultratech (I haven't been submerged in water in 2+ years). My finances cannot handle it. You guys have really nice collections though. Before the Apple watch I was partial to stainless steel G Shocks. I keep the stainless Milanese loop on the Apple. Love the magnetic close and adjustment.

^^Haven’t worn a mechanical watch or G-Shock since the original Apple Watch came out. I’m currently on my second one and will more than likely replace it with another when the time comes.

44mm Series 4 aluminum w/ LTE

73F773F1-12D8-4F75-AD9F-6E804ECA57F2.jpeg

I work in a warehouse and nicer mechanical or even quartz with a crystal would get scratched up pretty quickly, so digital is really my only realistic daily driver option. I really like the G-Shock 5610. It's basically the classic Casio F91W on steroids. Solar powered, so I never need to worry about a battery change and you can radio sync it with the atomic clock so accuracy is never an issue. It's also a lot smaller than most of the other G-Shocks so I don't find myself catching it on things as I work. Price isn't bad either.

kMe23xl.png

I work in a warehouse and nicer mechanical or even quartz with a crystal would get scratched up pretty quickly, so digital is really my only realistic daily driver option. I really like the G-Shock 5610. It's basically the classic Casio F91W on steroids. Solar powered, so I never need to worry about a battery change and you can radio sync it with the atomic clock so accuracy is never an issue. It's also a lot smaller than most of the other G-Shocks so I don't find myself catching it on things as I work. Price isn't bad either.

kMe23xl.png

Yeah, I've been wearing a GW6900 G-Shock for maybe 5 or 6 years now. It's also solar powered & atomic. Knowing the exact, correct time has always been a fetish of mine. Even now since I've retired. A watch that gains or looses a couple minutes a day is unacceptable. I'm not going to bother with a pic, because it's ugly, but they sure do take a beating.

Oh this is a thread I need to read through... I came back to knives thinking it would be a cheaper hobby than watches and then I started read the CRK forums. Sure, each knife is cheaper than each of my watches but wish me luck on containing myself. Can't wait for my small Sebenza to finally get here!

Back